Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Savage 110

Feedback Score

Excellent products. Out of the box sub moa. with the right load. Like any brand you can get one made on the wrong day or whatever, had a set of Kimbers. An 06, and a .270. The 06 is excellent, the .270 never was... Seems that Savage has been making a good 110 model for several years now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My jarhead buddy, trained sniper and all around bug eater, has for his personal long range rifle, a savage 110 heavy bbl 308, macmillon stock, and a new high end scope he just showed me but I forget what brand. if its good enough for him...
    I saw him last sat clanking the hell out of our 600m gong time after time. Really impressive.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I had never heard of them but I put a ZOS scope I got from cdnn.pretty clear glass for my area.

Feedback Score

Who says the Savage isn't 'stylish'? I picked up a 114E about 8 years ago. No AccuTrigger. 30:06. This thing is a beauty. It has 'blonde' checkered walnut with a schnabel front end. Contrasting buttstock, pistolgrip and fore-end. ChingSling. Talley onepiece medium scope mounts with a 44mm 8-32 BSA. I thought it was going to need a trigger job but after 100 rounds, the trigger was perfect. It will stay on a paperplate at 600y until you get bored. It will do the same at 800y but you have to put in a little more effort. When my shooting buddies come over, this and my HB Israeli FAL are the two long guns I display on the dining rom table.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Dredging up an old thread here, but I have a great Savage bolt action too. I had wanted a .223 bolt action for awhile but didn't want to pay the $500 and up that they cost. Then I found out about the Stevens 200, which was just a 110 sans Accu-trigger. I found one with a 6-24x40 BSA scope mounted for $300 and bought it. I'm not crazy about that scope, but it works.

Mine had the non-adjustable trigger. I made a new trigger spring to lighten it, and dry fired it a lot to smooth it. The trigger was still creepy, but I compensated by pinching the trigger and the back of the trigger guard between my thumb and forefinger.
    Shooting it like that, I got a 0.8 MOA 5-shot group using a dirt cheap handload consisting of Hornady 55 grain SP over 14 grains of AL-8 and Tula primer, in PMC brass.

I have since bought a standard adjustable 110 trigger for $10; installed it and adjusted out the creep and overtravel. So this great rifle finally has a good trigger.

Feedback Score

The accu trigger is well worth getting. I love the idea that with a wrench and a gauge anybody can swap their own barrels. Heck I would probably add a detent to screw the barrels down to so all I would need is a wrench to take it down or to swap barrels at will.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got this little model "Mark 2" .22. I think I paid 79 bucks for at Wally World several years ago that shoots like you wouldn't believe!! A plastic stocked plain Jane 22 with a cheep Pine Ridge 3-7 scope. My son and I shoot Penney's at 50-75 yards and we hardly ever miss with this little beast.

This poor thing sat in the corner next to my tool box at the marina for years and years with zip for cleaning and it got shot allot. I used to amaze the guys at work when I'd shoot pidgions and chucks with it. I'd wait for 2-3 pidgins to line up on the roof of the storage building and I could often drop 3 at a time if I was patient enough for them to get in a row. Chucks, I'd have the guys call left eye or right eye @ 50-100 yards,,,no problem,, pop them every time, right where they called!!! The pidgins made a mess on the boats in the building and the chucks did allot of damage along the banks in the bay,,so they had to go.

I've got this sweet CZ 22 I love that ran a bit over 400 bucks way back,,,and ya know,,it don't shoot any damn better that that 79 dollar Savage,,prettier,,yes,,,but not 300+ bucks worth of pretty for the difference in how they both shoot, there pretty close accuracy wise actually and one shoots just as well as the other. Sometimes I almost think the Savage is more accurate with most any ammo, where the CZ seems to like only 2-3 different types of ammo.

A few years back we had a mouse infestation in my garage which is about 40-45 yards from the house porch. I put some peanut butter or bird seeds on the snow banks and would wait for them to peek there beady little heads out and I could peck them off from the porch ,With No Problem At All. Now shooting mice at 40-45 yards would normally be a challenge for most,,but not with this thing. It's an amassing gun for 79 bucks I paid for it.

If you need a cheap 22 or one for the kids,,or just want something that seems to never miss,,,,,

this is the one to get,,they shoot like crazy!! Best shooting off the rack 22 I ever saw,,even if you go spend 4-500 bucks,,seriously. Savages rock,,,,

Feedback Score

I actually bought a Savage a couple years ago, I don't know what came over me since I always build my guns. I bought a Savage 10 fcp-k in .308. Oddly enough I had it out of the safe last night to compare it with the Savage Hog Hunter my buddy brought over.

I don't care for the plastic stock the 10 came with, I had planned on replacing it with a Mcmillan style stock but the project got pushed out of sight for awhile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.