Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: should I trade?

Feedback Score

Default should I trade?

I picked up a sw 2213 .22 project gun. Replaced the barrel nut (stuck without the tension washer), grips, installed a threaded barrel adapter from EWKarms because I had to cut the barrel nut off and cant find a replacement. We're looking at a last ditch arisaka rifle. The rifle looks like its been sitting in a shed for 50 years. Has the wooden buttplate. peep site. Still has the mum. stock looks complete but rough. havent seen the thing in person so I dont know the condition of the bore. But it the bore is good does this sound like a wall hanger? I do have a few rounds of 7.7 ammo and some empty cases to get reloaded. thoughts? jim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Somebody wanna trade? Did you get the 2213 working? What's the guy want for an arisaka 65 years or older. You wanna shoot it? Seen and shot some nice ones. I guess what's the question?

Feedback Score

The. 22 works fine. Loooks like a neat little gun with the threaded barrel cap. Eventually I woild like to shoot the rifle. Ive got a nice type 99 all matching but the mums been ground off. Even has the antiaircraft sights. Ive spent $240 on it. Im just interested in this second one because it hasnt been defaced but it looks more like a battlefield pick up which I guess gives it character. Im not sure what its worth if I decide to get rid of it later. Jim

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

do not shoot a last ditch 7.7 arisika mum or no mum, many of the parts are crude and cast

but heck Jimmy you have never taken my advice, so go ahead shoot it
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Actually nothing wrong with last ditch arisakas. The bad rep these got were from GIs picking up a war trophy and not realizing they picked up a training rifle which does have a cast reciever. My friends grandpa brought one back and decided to give it to the son for hunting. They took it out to sight it in, first round made the gun explode. I actually saw what was left of it. His gdad ended up in the hospital for a week. The actual arisaka military rifle has one of the strongest actions. The last ditch just had alot more cruder machining but were still checked out. Jim

Feedback Score

Actually nothing wrong with last ditch arisakas. The bad rep these got were from GIs picking up a war trophy and not realizing they picked up a training rifle which does have a cast reciever. My friends grandpa brought one back and decided to give it to the son for hunting. They took it out to sight it in, first round made the gun explode. I actually saw what was left of it. His gdad ended up in the hospital for a week. The actual arisaka military rifle has one of the strongest actions. The last ditch just had alot more cruder machining but were still checked out. Jim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jim Mac that 2213 is a cool little pistol. Does the person with the arisaka just want your smith that much? Can you buy the rifle without too much pain?that 2213 is a cool little pistol.can't say it again.your choice man .nice little pistol. Damn I did it again!

Feedback Score

The guy had a ad a few weeks ago looking to trade the rifle for a .22 pistol. I just got the pistol. Someone put the barrel nut on and left the lock washer out of it. So the slide would lift up from the back since the barrel wasnt seated. It was also missing the grips. I told him I might be interested but the rifle isnt for sale. Ive got a sw422 also which I really like. I even swapped out the slides to make them duo tone guns. I think Ill tell him next time hes in town we can at least look at the guns in person. If the rifle is a total pos, ill pass. Jim
    Last edited by Jim Mac; 03-08-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Feedback Score

I ended up keeping the. 22. Fun to shoot. Ammo is cheaper than $2 a round. And when it come time to sell, i think a sw 2213 is going to be easier to sell than a beat up arisaka. Jim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dag gone Jim I'm glad you kept that 22! It's one of those things as you look back you woulda said wish I had. I've done it enough over the years.wish I had gotten one of them. ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.