Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: "renovating" a bubba mauser

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That Is beautiful mtndew! Bellson looking forward to see what you do with a 1917 Enfield. Makes me want to get a Moison nagant.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, stalker. I cant wait to see Bellson's Enfield myself.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

OK, The bragging shall commence. The bottom group was shot first with a tall front sight. The upper group after I changed to a shorter sight. Unsupported from the bench at 100yds. The upper group is actually 6 rounds.
    Damn I'm good...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tommo likes this.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That is the best 25meter group I've seen !LOL! Mtndew that was good natured joking really .That was two kick ass groups and I'm glad to see them and proud of your efforts. I'm really impressed with what you've done and would give you a high five if it wouldn't break my smart phone. .you done good man and be proud cause I am for you. Damn!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And thats with one of those $40 Yugo bbl's from Copes and surplus ammo. If I dont forget to bring my rifle sled to the range next time I can adjust my windage and see what kind of groups she's really capable of. I'm surprised the groups were as small as they were with the front sight jumping side to side with every heartbeat.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You know I really need to thank my Marine sniper buddy who taught me some of the finer points of shooting last year. I was always a decent shot, scored expert in basic, but I was never able to pull in the really tight groups till he taught me to shoot between heartbeats and to forget about all that about the gun going off being a surprise. He says that works well for raw recruits but a true rifleman knows exactly when the trigger breaks. Even an old hard head like me can still learn new tricks.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

SWEET,,,Looks and shoots great,,that's more my style of gun.

Ya it sucks that Bubba cut loose on the Waffien marks,,,but what ya going to do,,there's lots of them out there. I've always been of the feeling that,, "a ounce of finesse is worth a pound of hammer" !! Just me,,,

If you want to get persnickety though,I'd seen reproduction stamps available before,,can't remember just where I'd seen them, and this was some time ago, but there out there,,someplace.
    Last edited by twa2471; 08-07-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I believe I saw some of those stamps on gunbroker once. They really rankle the serious collectors, as they say it makes it too easy to make cointerfeits. Whatever!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

South Texas guy and whoever where can I get a sling and cleaning kit for my mosin I finally got. Period correct of course. Many thanks guys! LOL wife is starting to think you guys are having a bad influence on me!

Feedback Score

Stalker,

Buymilsurp.com has them

I would snag this one for 49 bucks- It has the cleaning rod (may be a repo), cleaning kit (original), correct dog collar sling (looks original too), and an ammo pouch which you don't need but is a nice period piece to go with the rifle. https://www.buymilsurp.com/accessory...le-p-3618.html

or they sell the things separately:

Cleaning Kit (original)- https://www.buymilsurp.com/cleaning-...les-p-102.html

Cleaning Rod (may be a repo)- https://www.buymilsurp.com/cleaning-...es-p-3616.html

Sling- 20 bucks each and they are sold out.

Both the cleaning rod and the cleaning kit sold separately are 15 bucks each and the sling is 20.00. I will try and look around later for cheaper ones from somewhere. I have seen them cheaper on flea bay.

I'm suppossed to be working now (sssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone) I'm waiting on these Chinese guys to catch up to me so I'm on the gun sites during the wait time, drinking tea and smoking cigs.

Yes, we are a bad influence and enablers of the worst sort!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.