Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun Thread?

Feedback Score

Default Shotgun Thread?

So after giving it some thought and revisiting my recent range trips, I have found myself shooting a lot more shotgun than anything. I think with ammo prices going up and everybody buying up all the 5.56 and 7.63x39 I have recently opted to hold on to my stock as best I can, but have been going through 00 buck like crazy.

I don't know how popular shotguns are here (save for Saigas) but I'm really into pump guns and more recently coach guns. Can we get a shotgun thread under the General Firearms Lobby kind of like the Bolt Guns or does everybody think the General Firearms Discussion is good enough to cover scatter guns?

Not trying to add work for Gunco or 7.62x39, just seeing if enough people are interested in it?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I'm not sure we have enough shotty discussion to warrant it's own sub forum, but we'll see what kind of responses we get from your query.
    We really don't want to chop the forum up into too many subsections unless we feel it is necessary. We may even lose a few of the less popular ones when the new format takes place in the near future.

Feedback Score

I think I'm with Abukai08 . I've always been a sucker for shotguns and they are by far my favorite in my collection. I have fun with the semi- auto rifles but I 've never even considered parting with any of the scatterguns.
    The addition of a shotgun forum would be appreciated.

Feedback Score

Default Nothing like the sound of a 870 jacking a round into the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    So after giving it some thought and revisiting my recent range trips, I have found myself shooting a lot more shotgun than anything. I think with ammo prices going up and everybody buying up all the 5.56 and 7.63x39 I have recently opted to hold on to my stock as best I can, but have been going through 00 buck like crazy.

I don't know how popular shotguns are here (save for Saigas) but I'm really into pump guns and more recently coach guns. Can we get a shotgun thread under the General Firearms Lobby kind of like the Bolt Guns or does everybody think the General Firearms Discussion is good enough to cover scatter guns?

Not trying to add work for Gunco or 7.62x39, just seeing if enough people are interested in it?
    Sounds great,I carry a old Model 37 in my truck behind the seat everyday.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up Shotgun Forum sound like fun....

I think it is a good idea. My very first gun was a shotgun. It was a Savage Stevens under and over 20 gauge / 22 LR. Would not mind starting threads discussing different shot guns including the new VEPR 12. It is an AK variant after all.
    will6970

Feedback Score

I recently bought an MKA 1919 and did some modification to it so I could use any ar-15 stock or grip. I have an aimpoint sight on it and really love it. I have been taking it out to the range more often now since all the crazy stuff happening with 5.56 and 7.63x39 ammo being bought up. A box of 12 ga. target loads at $5.50 for 25 rounds seems like a good deal now. Knocking tin cans around or busting clay birds out of the sky can be a lot of fun. I think it would be great to have a shotgun thread.

Feedback Score

Some pics of my 1919

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

OK, here you go.
    I'm adding this on a trial basis. If it gets enough activity it will survive, if not I will migrate threads to general firearm discussion and delete the forum.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f303/

Feedback Score

I myself love shotguns, there are so many verities and varitions there like layes pototoe
    chips ya can't have just one! . However the one thing I have never been able to find is an 80 % shotgun receiver so you build your own, maybe a tube type receiver that could be made into a bolt action shotgun got any ideas ?,,Doc

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Donde, that is an awesome shotgun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.