Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: VEPR or SAIGA?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

joe biden would be so proud! LOL!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NicoCoyote View Post
    Fabricated the piece and epoxied it in last night. Epoxy (JB-weld) dark grey rather than black- hoping it looks ok when I sand it down tonight. Figure it will be strong enough to engrave after the fact.
    If you want black epoxy, stop by a paint store and have them squirt some of their oil based paint color into a pill bottle for you. The stuff they use to mix paint colors with. Mixes right in with the epoxy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Simple, use a piece of square stock,, 1/2,, 3/4"long or so, where milled,, ball mill to match profile,, , clamp the barrels lightly, add heat sink paste 1-2 " or so from the end of the plug/barrel, and put a new long shank bead sight in after drilling the hole in the plug when it's in place and solder with a old time large iron that you heat up with a torch and solder everything in place and block/stone flat,,, finish,,,,,done.

If you want to be real tricky,, undersized it by about 3-4 thousands,, brass shim the block tight and even on all 4 sides,, push the brass shims in a 1/4 " or so and fill the void with silver solder,,,, makes a dandy silver hourglass pattern when refinished,,,,,,

which will be last thing the,, perps,, will see just before ,,,, "THERE TIMES UP ",,,,,

Feedback Score

A brass collar would have been cool. Looks better anyhow. Not sure about engraving, because it would get fouled. Maybe an inlaid eye for the fish? May just blue it as is. Need to clean up the bead sight- it was a little buggered when I got the gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice work

Maybe an inlaid eye for the fish?
    LOL How about a dimple to represent an eye and maybe a curved line like this ) as a gill?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

here something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I did this to my winchester 97. It was only a single barrel. After I cut off the barrel, I rigged a motor with a DA pad. Then I began using 180 grit paper, finishing with 600 grit DA paper. That makes almost a mirror finish. I would do this first because solder plugs up the paper. I would do like prototye said with the steel insert, because lead doesn't blue. Make the insert tight. The soldier will wick between it and the barrel. I blued my 97 with Birchwood Casey cold blue and it worked great.

Feedback Score

I did this to my winchester 97. It was only a single barrel. After I cut off the barrel, I rigged a motor with a DA pad. Then I began using 180 grit paper, finishing with 600 grit DA paper. That makes almost a mirror finish. I would do this first because solder plugs up the paper. I would do like prototye said with the steel insert, because lead doesn't blue. Make the insert tight. The soldier will wick between it and the barrel. I blued my 97 with Birchwood Casey cold blue and it worked great.

Feedback Score

Question Rem 870 vs Mossy 500?

Which do you like...
    10 million + buyers like the Remington 870.

The Mossberg 500 and its Maverick clones are extremely popular.

Having both and enjoying each for its own simple durability. Wondering how others feel about these common shotguns...
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score

Default A Coach Gun for self defense

I would like to have a couple of "Coach Guns." These are copies of the old short double barreled shotguns carried by stage coach guards in the old west. I think that having one of these beside the bed would be great! Two barrels of double ought buck should do the trick.
    But, I would want the kind that have visible hammers that you would have to manually cock. I think it would be safer. I just don't think that a hammerless model would be that safe.
    J&G sales has exposed hammers Coach Guns in their current (3-4-2013) ad in Shotgun News. It comes with double triggers. It is available in 12 and 20 gauge (make mine 12, thank you). But, it is sold by Century. So, I don't know what the quality would be like. I would want to be able to handle one and give it a visual inspection before I bought it.
    The price is not bad-$259.95 plus shipping and a fee for a local FFL dealer receiving it for you.
    And, who knows? I may find a similar Coach Gun in a local gun store one of these days. If so, I'll check it out and ???

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.