Gunco Forums banner

Remingtom model 11

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Im looking for sone remingtom model 11 shotgun parts at a resonable price can anyone help me finds some, I am rebuilding from the revceiver and the mag tube to a completes weapon. I have a front forearm
but its the one that has a buffer at the end this wont work on the one I have. I got it from Numrich Arms in the factory wrap which on the package states it was made in the 1930's ( i'll try and geta pic posted later .I have to wait for the other half to get home she dose all the photo work uploads thanks in advance Doc

#2 ·
As usal My brain is non functional today ( am overloaded with diffrent projects and works) has anyone seen or heard of a 80% shotgun receiver, bolt action, single shot,or of anykind for that matter any help would be greatly helpful thanks in advance ,,,Doc

#4 ·
Re Model 11

Im keeping my eye on there but like everthing else, prices are high, hell ther ewas one site that a guy was seling a M-53 with a demilled barrel and he wanted 1500 bucks talk about dreaming, the sad part is that some person thqt dose not know any better will pay that price....Doc

#5 ·
#8 ·
remingtom model 11 partd

For the Rem Mod 11 try Gun parts corp and Sarco inc.. I need a few small screws for the 11 also, but it ain't worth the shipping costs to order them..
I have two mod 11 one is a Military proof marked model.. with US property and flaming bomb stamps.. it's a cool one.. B2B
I have gone all through the normanl channels, I was going to try Bobs gun parts, I sent two email, and never received a response, So I will cross him off my list of vendors. I dont care its just not a god way to do bussiness, When I had my bussiness I used to get over 200 hundred emails a day and they awywas got answered, maybe a few days late byt never the less I answered them. it just good bussiness, I understand that the idoits in the white hiuse started all this bullshit after some tragic events. But common cursoty is one of the nmain things for a bussiness to do. And I refuse to send money anywhere to anyone that I do not have contact with, that is just good common sence, they say a foll and his money are soon parted , well I dont send money off to some vendor that dosnt even have the balls to answer an email. So apperantily he must be independantly wealthy, or just donst give a shit about customer service, Sorry if this sounds harsh but its the truth, Were niot talking about AR-15 opart or any type of weapon that the goverment calls an assualt weapon, We are taklking about a shotgun, heis web site says he has the parts I need, and yet he dosnt answer any emails. that tells me he has nothing to offer, Hell I used to answer emails up to 3-4 am in the morning and still go to work, I cannot find any excuse for the lack of communication, So In my humble opinion he gets an F- as faer as Im concerned, So I just keep looking, I dont have the time to waste on wanna-be gun dealers , parts dealers or anything of the sort,this may sound harsh, but its How I do bussiness. If you have it fine , if you dont thats ok too but just man the fuck up and say at this time I dont have anything, they would be much more respected if they did....Doc

#9 ·
What parts are you looking for? Model 11's and Savages were very popular down here, we called them a working man's Browning. They show up at local gunshows and flea markets all the time. I have one that was a prision gun with the short factory barrel, doesn't cycle too well with cheap walmart shells, but put some high brass remingtons in it and rock and roll. I wonder if anyone ever did a speed test on who makes the fastest autolader running thru 4 or 5 shells?

#10 ·
Im looking for the internals, all the outside receiver screws, and the front forend wood with spring and rings that go underneath. Im restoring the model 11 that I have which was manufactured in 1932. My receiver is in about the 90 percent condition, I have one front end peice of wood that came with its orgional factory wrapper but this is for a three shot model and I have a five shot. Plus it has a metal part already installed which this part will not fit my gun....Doc

#11 ·
Does yours have the felt cushion riveted to the back of the receiver? May want to think about getting that replaced before you start dumping parts into your receiver.

Here is a huge parts lot on ebay!! Vintage Remington Model 11 12ga Misc Parts Large Lot | eBay

The screw kits can come from Midwest gun works if they aren't in that lot. Browning Auto 5 Screw Kit, 12 Gauge: MGW spendy, but they are there!

Same with the springs and friction pieces. The foreend-do you have the one that is supposed to go on the gun? I know someone who can fix it if it is cracked. He did an incredible job on mine!

#12 ·
Does yours have the felt cushion riveted to the back of the receiver? May want to think about getting that replaced before you start dumping parts into your receiver.

Here is a huge parts lot on ebay!! Vintage Remington Model 11 12ga Misc Parts Large Lot | eBay

The screw kits can come from Midwest gun works if they aren't in that lot. Browning Auto 5 Screw Kit, 12 Gauge: MGW spendy, but they are there!

Same with the springs and friction pieces. The foreend-do you have the one that is supposed to go on the gun? I know someone who can fix it if it is cracked. He did an incredible job on mine![/QUOTE

Hello sovblocgunfan,
Thanks for the link on ebay, yes my gun has the fiber cusion on the back I planned on replaceing it, since Im putting all new guts into her, to bring her back from the dead. Its not that the forend is broke or anything like that ,it has some sort of metal recoil reduction piece thqat was made for a certain model 11, but not for mine. it wont allow
the mag tube to slide all the way thru the wood and then place the retain cap onto the mag tube to hold it all together. the peice I have has nothing wrong with it other than the fact it was made for a diffrent gun thank mine....Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.