Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remington 870

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasGuy View Post
    ... Wish I would have bought the 7 shot, but they didn't have any.
    Hey, do you want to buy a TacStar mag extension for your 870? I have one sitting here on the table next to my desk that's brand new and I don't need it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    Yeah most models you don't but the newer 870 Expresses have the dimples for some reason not really sure why.
    So you have to buy the more expensive models if you want to add an extension. Same reason MAC and others that use greasegun mags made their magwells just a fraction of an inch too long to use an unmodified surplus mag.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    Problem with 2-shot extention tube - Remington 870 ??? - Removing Dimples from 870 Express to instal - AR15.COM

I know this is from another site (don't be mad at me it's just the best place I've seen with this info).

But Like I said you can drill out the dimples and smooth them out with a dremel or file and re-blue. They need to be smoothed out so the Magazine or shells don't get caught up on any loose fragments left over from drilling and they will just glide through the tube.

I think that's the best way and I think there is a couple more ways to do this. I have done it to a couple of them so I am by no means an expert. I just know how to do it.
    Thanks for the tips,

I don't worry too much about the capacity on the 870. Its an ole workhorse farm/ranch gun for dispatching snakes and possums around the hen house, and pointing drunken college/high school kids who stray on the property, kicking their heels up a little too high to the most direct route back to the road.

For SHTF, I have the Saiga/ drums.

Feedback Score

The dimples are no big deal there are some utube videos that show what a snap it is to swap them out...

Best to wait till the Gov figures out what they are doing with all the crazy stuff first!
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.