Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870

Feedback Score

Default Remington 870

10 million folks cant be wrong. Can they?

Working on 11 million remington has sold a ton of these pump shotguns.

You name the guage and the model its out there. for over 50 years in production its probably the most popular shotgun in terms of units sold.

Not expensive and simple, 870's go bang when you pull the trigger.
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Excellent shotgun, I remember when shotguns ruled the tactical/self defence world. They just arn't "cool" right now. I still have several for hunting and two for self defence.

Feedback Score

Got a 870 express on sale at Wally World years ago. Paid a hundred and some dollars for it. 18 inch barrel , synthetic stock, 4 in the tube and 1 in the pipe. Its been a real workhorse.

Wish I would have bought the 7 shot, but they didn't have any.

Feedback Score

Default AddA tube

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasGuy View Post
    Got a 870 express on sale at Wally World years ago. Paid a hundred and some dollars for it. 18 inch barrel , synthetic stock, 4 in the tube and 1 in the pipe. Its been a real workhorse.

Wish I would have bought the 7 shot, but they didn't have any.
    Can't you change the tube that holds the shells?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Byrd View Post
    Can't you change the tube that holds the shells?
    You can you just need to drill out the dimples on the end of the Magazine tube... Well with the expresses you do.

I picked up a Police Magnum after a big Police Trade in. Got it for $198 and it was damn near brand new. Police Magnums are worth every bit of their reputation. I love a good pump shotgun. Autoloaders are fun but there is just something about a pump gun that makes me happy.

I completely set mine up for an HD gun and love it. It stays out of the safe when Im home and my Glock 19 is what I use to get to it.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BUT ITS NOT A JOE BIDEN APPROVED DOUBLE BARREL .

I DONT HAVE ANY BUT MOST EVERYONE I HUNT WITH DOES I KNOW OF VERY FEW FAILURES .

I PERFER THE ITHICA 37 IN A PUMP BUT ITS WHAT I STARTED WITH SO IM BIASED

Feedback Score

Thanks for the tips on getting a longer tube on the 870. Oh Geez, before too long you guys are gonna talk me into attempting a build!

Feedback Score

Problem with 2-shot extention tube - Remington 870 ??? - Removing Dimples from 870 Express to instal - AR15.COM

I know this is from another site (don't be mad at me it's just the best place I've seen with this info).

But Like I said you can drill out the dimples and smooth them out with a dremel or file and re-blue. They need to be smoothed out so the Magazine or shells don't get caught up on any loose fragments left over from drilling and they will just glide through the tube.

I think that's the best way and I think there is a couple more ways to do this. I have done it to a couple of them so I am by no means an expert. I just know how to do it.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Most magazine extensions you do not need to drill anything. They are made to incoropate with manufacturers hardware. I have upgraded all of our correctional ones with no problems.

Feedback Score

Yeah most models you don't but the newer 870 Expresses have the dimples for some reason not really sure why.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.