Thread: Kel Tec's first shotgun

Feedback Score

Default Kel Tec's first shotgun

How does this look for a new type of shotgun?

Here is some information from Kel Tec's web site:

KSG

The KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun) is Kel-Tec CNC’s first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape, and design is similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9 lbs. and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1” overall length and an 18.5” cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 12 rounds of 12 gauge 3” rounds in total (6 per tube). It can also reliably shoot shells as short as 1 3/4" up to the 3".
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Caliber 12 gauge 3”
    Barrel length 18.5"
    Total capacity
    6+6+1
    Weight empty 6.9lbs
    Weight loaded 8.5lbs
    Length 26.1"
    Height 7"

This simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard.

The pump includes an under picatinny rail for the mounting of a forward grip, a light, or a laser. The included top picatinny sight rail will accept many types of optics or iron sights. Forward and rear sling loops are built in, and a basic sling is included. The soft rubber butt pad helps to tame recoil.

The KSG receiver is made from hardened steel and includes the magazine tubes which have been welded in place. The grip and stock assembly is made of glass reinforced nylon (Zytel) and is easily disassembled by pushing out 2 pins, which store in 2 holes in the grip when removed. The barrel and pump assembly is removed by loosening the 2 front magazine tube nuts with a coin and sliding the assembly forward.

Feedback Score

Damn bud kicking an old horse. they have been out for a while now. price is to inflated, and you gotta watch what you buy, the first gen was a POS. Just like there pmr 30 just plane shit on first gen. But knock yourself out for $1700 lol ill stick with what i got, untill the price comes back down to $700 , but by all means buy that fucker and post pics!!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

And unless they changed the design, they claim it will shoot the 3" shells, but they don't feed from the mags, you have to load one at a time.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I too had read nothing but bad reviews for them. I don't know if they were testing the second gen ones, but even the latest reviews of them were far from stellar. Just what I read so don't know for sure, I'll stick with my Mossburgs, there built like a tank, light and they never fail and with 9 rounds it will get the job done just fine and less than $300 besides,,that's what it's all about IMO.

And to be honest I've never really be impressed by anything Kel-Tec myself, over priced Tupperware IMO. I tried one of there 380's and it sucked,,,FTF occasionally, FTE consistently, and tons of stovepipes,, even after sending it back 3 times, and on the third trip back it even arrived back here with a cracked frame. No clue what happened to it, it wasn't that way when I sent it back??? It wasn't even all that accurate to boot! 4" groups at 10 yards, at it's best,,yuck!!!! I sure wouldn't depend on one. Got a refund and bought real guns instead, a CZ 83 and a Baretta 84F, and both of those together cost slightly more than what the Kel-Tec did, like <100 bucks difference. And I ended up with 2 flawless .380 guns that shoot great.

Kel-Tec,,,,never again! Junk IMO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was checking one out Sat. Looks cool but I just cant dish out the $1599 for it. My Travor should be in soon.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.