Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP on 1897 Win trench gun

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I know this thread is old, but in looking at the Winchester link it would seem that the M12 in question was made in 1946, putting it after WW2.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I know this thread is old, but in looking at the Winchester link it would seem that the M12 in question was made in 1946, putting it after WW2.
    mtdew.. Damn thing is the fire they had and the records getting all burned up.. Mine has a WWI serial number, but a 4 row hole heat shield.. WWI, I think? had 6 row holed heat shields..
    Now add to the I.D. problems, these were brought back or sold by the Govt. too Police, for National Guard use, Korea, Vietnam.. Good God on and on..
    Super nice Tech I talked to at the Wyoming Winchester Cody Museum.. But he plain told me he would have to physically have to inspect it, to get me a bit of history on the weapon..
    Hell mine could have gone from a WWI trench too Nam? Or it could have been used right here by the Police?
    Ah hell. Get a good case, put it up on the wall and make a plaque with a good John Wayne story on it.. Chicks dig them..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I bought a junk "97" and shortened it to 19". Cost me $170 including shipping. Doesn't have all the "neat" markings but sure shoots nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.