Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Truck Gun

Feedback Score

Default Perfect Truck Gun

Here in Texas many of us carry what we call truck guns, usually shotguns. I picked up a used Remington 870 Express Magnum in 20 gauge today at the gun show. It is the youth model and already has a shorten stock and barrel from the factory and with the 3" shells packs a good punch. Swings pretty easy in my Ford truck, this may be the perfect factory stock truck gun.

Feedback Score

Heck yea! 20 gauge shorter stock.been a fan of that for years. Good deal for you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not much a 20 won't do, for sure. I don't happen to have one right now but have in the past and they work great on deer and most anything else, plus they don't pound ya like a 3"mag 12 ga,,,,I've knocked 200 lb deer on there ass like nothing with them before,, they'll get it done for most anything within 75- 100 yards,,no problem,,,,,that was my "swamp gun" for when I hunted river bottoms and swamps allot.

Those shortie youth models are great with a ported barrel too if you use slugs all the time. I think the one my bud has was a smith made barrel porting,not sure,, I don't recall seeing any factory ported barrels like it before,,you guys??

Sorry I don't have a pic handy, the gun is 6-7 hours away so not to handy to get one. It's a plain rifled slug barrel on a Remington pump with a dot scope on it and no other sights, not sure what model it is?? Older one though,, I've known him about 10 years and he's had it sense I've known him, so it's at least 10 years old anyhow.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I prefer 12ga, only because it is so damned available! But 20Ga is the perfect swamp gun, floating duck gun (oops! did I just say that??) Turkey, quail, pheasant, dove....All easy with a 20ga. And yes, it is not so punishing. 20Ga is especially good for a home defence weapon for the little lady of the house...Very manageable, a little lighter maybe, and they can place followup shots.... With the youth stock, they are perfect for just about any girl from 4"10 all the way up to 5"10"....

And yes, they are light and handy for a truck gun.

Crap, now I feel like I need to go buy a few.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Default I ended up making brass reducers from 12 to 20 for my...

Wife's double barrel. Patterns pretty well too.she old school. Likes her revolver also. No argument from me. No no no way! Good woman.

Feedback Score

I made it for her for Christmas one year .cut the barrels back to 20 plus stock cut to the grip.she a big fan of the mafia old movies and I wanted her to have a nice legal representation of that style. She look bad. Ass with it too with her 38 stuck in her .waistband to be a 60yr old grandma.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

You Know, there is something about an older gal who is armed and formidable.....No disrespect intended. Just expressing appreciation for a Lady who knows what is what.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Ha! None taken bellson.

Feedback Score

I like 12 gauges, win 97's or rem 11's, but rifles are good, also. My demand is any weapon that will nicely fit a verticle(sp) holder next to the steering column tight enough not to fall out and not hit the windshield is fine.

Feedback Score

Short barreled shotguns make handy little truck guns.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.