Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rem 1100

Feedback Score

Postak rem 1100

hey guys I usually post in the ak board but I just fell into a rem 1100 and need some thoughts

Feedback Score

I watched the show psych and I feel you just got a great shotgun! Wish I had one. Something about watching the gas rings is all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Keep some spare gas rings around like stalker said. They(rings) wear out but the gun itself is pretty good. My brother had one. It would track on fast moving rabbits like nothing I owned. I like 'em.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

In the 30+ years I've been shooting the ones I've got, I've had no real issues. They also seem to recoil smoother than my 1187. There is a sticker on the bottom of the oprod that shows the correct gas ring orientation. Still on my original gas rings, and even the original O-rings...although they are getting stiffer compared to newer ones. Take care of it and it will outlast you.

Feedback Score

thanks guys . wanted a saiga but anything resembling another ak would have sent me to the dog house, plus this has next to no recoil and the wife can shoot it. small cosmetic issues from improper storage, but functions flawless.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Back in the day my Dad, brother and I put thousands of skeet rounds through our 1100 and it never skipped a beat. Great semi shotgun!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

I bought a Remington 1100 in a consignment shop for $400 several years ago. It was made in 1974. I absolutely love to shoot it. It is reliable and very accurate. When we have club family trap shoots, the guys borrow it for their wives and kids to try because it has such a soft recoil. It is a solid, reliable and accurate shotgun. I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My dad has been shoting the sameone for close to 40 years likely more . an it has never misseda beat except when a 20 guage shell got in the barrelat a family trap shoot an the barrle got ruined but it still runs strong with a new barrel . dad hunted a lot so the gun would have failed or shown issues long ago. i dont like the fit of it but most shot guns fee lfunny to me. Im more of a A5 man .

Good gun if its cheap buy it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Some of you have said you're still on the first set of gas rings, I have replaced rings on several for people that their guns looked like new. Is there anything that I could tell them to do to keep the rings in good shape? Proper cleaning maybe?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not as anal about cleaning the gas system as my grampa was, but you need to keep them and the mag tube from getting rusty. Of course he learned to shoot with corrosive primers. Looking at his 1100 that he gamv me shortly before he passed on and mine which I got well used in the early 80's I can see why. The mag tube on mine was pitted (when I got it) where as his wasn't. Both shoot just fine, although I mostly shoot his these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.