Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ithaca 37 cleanup project

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a used LEE LOAD ALL to roll my own. Then the MEC600jr. Not all hand loads are reliable. Once I had shot leak from a shell and locked up my gun.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Yessir. I don't reload, yet. Yet.

So I'm going to have to find something that works and stick with it. Whatever it will be it won't be cheap. The el-cheapo stuff I usually use is what locks that gun up. My A5 clone eats it like candy, but this one? No way.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I am considering trimming the barrel on my mod 37, the 30" with a full choke a bit much for nailing doves and the like. But then, if I cut the barrel down, I will have a cylinder choke and it will not be much for distance shots. Ah decesions, decesions
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score

My other 37 has a poly-choke on it. You could do that, or cut and thread for external choke.

Also, if you can live with the length, you can have the full choke opened up to modified-that's a good do-all choke.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Holly Shit,,, I guess it's canted, hopefully it wasn't a taped in one with a hole through the barrel. Well don't really make a difference sense it been cut already. Maybe trim it back past the bad bead hole if it is and add a Cutts Compensator to it and it will be a real versatile gun then. I still see them around.

I had a humpback Browning riot gut( police marked ) that I put one on years back and with the extra full tube in ,I was pulling down ducks at almost 100 yards with it,,ya,, you had to be spot on, but it was doable. You could over swing with it pretty easy on longer shots though ,being so short . And with the different tubes it would be good for just about anything else from dove to moose. I loved that Browning, it was a 15ish barrel or what ever the PD's used back then, don't recall but with the Cutts on it it was legal length anyhoo and made a dandy brush and blind shotgun.

Super for a Partridge and rabbit gun too where you're snaking through the pucker brush and you need to swing quick and be fast,, it excelled for that. Took allot of game with that old gun.

Feedback Score

Yes, sir! I love those old humpbacks. Have one myself. It was a basket case when I bought it. Had the wood repaired and replaced every single spring in the gun. It acts like a new gun. Love it! Here is an older crappy pic of the receiver (color is real washed out):

Photo04290900_1.jpg

For this Ithaca with the bad bead, it's been drilled and tapped. I pulled the old one off already and am still deciding if I want another one or not. I'll end up putting a filler screw in the hole and filing it flush either way.

Feedback Score

beautiful gun ...love those model 37 s. after reading this post I think I m gonna go up to the gun room and dig out my old 37 in 16 gauge(1st shotgun)and give it a once over.

Feedback Score

You should! They deserve it.

Feedback Score

Update: The gun in the OP went with me dove hunting. It literally saved the weekend!!

It ate all the ammo I fed it and doesn't appear as picky about it as my other one. I ended up using it most of the weekend, as my old humpback developed a malfunction.

It didn't give me any problems and did its job real well. Real happy with the gun and can't wait for the next hunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.