Gunco Forums banner

Slug vs. Cut shell comparisons

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  nutznboltz 
#1 ·
This is a comparison between a slug and a cut-shell. Cut shells is a practice used heavily in the pre-1930 era. I remember as a child hearing about cut shell and their effectiveness but I have never seen it demonstrated until now. Seems there are several youtube video's on the subject.

Please realize that cut shells are low cost bird shot shells cut. If you can take a bird shot shell and make it compare to a slug that pretty impressive.

[video=youtube;_vfPACrVSSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfPACrVSSc[/video]

#3 ·
Might want to check state laws too, as some states it's illegal to do.

#8 ·
I shared this video because I thought it was interesting. I am not promoting the practice of cutting shells.

I have heard of cut shells but I have never seem it done. Most of the video's that I have seen the shotguns have modified choke barrels. Shooting an ole full choke shotgun maybe dangerous.

Personally like rails eluded too slug molds in my opinion is the way to go.

Its just interesting that 90 years a go people found a way to over come the lack of slugs.

#9 ·
And Brokengun? I'll never use slugs in my domicile. It was a very interesting bit of information to share. And thank you once again;)
Recall the buck and ball loads?
Or buckshot strung together in a shell?
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost,don't ya think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.