Harbor Freight customer service

Thread: Harbor Freight customer service

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Harbor Freight customer service

I finally made enough room in the garage to assemble the 12 ton A-frame shop press I ordered from HF, and I found that a part is missing. It's one of the "header supports", and I should have 4, but only 3 are in the box. Can't jerry rig it, either.

HF has a toll free number for problems, but it's very busy. I tried 6-10 times a day. Monday through Wed. afternoon before I finally got to a recording, and after a long wait on hold, I talked to a representative.

She said no problem, they'd ship the part, but it will take "6 to 8 weeks"! Asked her twice if there's any way to get one sooner, no dice. It has to ship from China.

Great price on the press ($100), phenomenal shipping (only $8.99), polite customer service rep, but this parts replacement service is horrible.

I had 3 kits lined up for assembly, but they're just bumming me out now, so I packed them up into the closet again until July or whenever.

It was convenient to get it delivered to my door, but if I had it to do over again, I'd make the haul out to the HF store and buy in person. Then I could have just exchanged it at that store instead of waiting.
    Last edited by Richard W.; 05-28-2005 at 10:50 AM.

Gunco Slightly Irregular cammobunker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

heh. If you like that, try getting a part for a Jaguar, Land Rover, Lamborghini.....Six to eight weeks is FAST!
    "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
    -Ash, Army of Darkness
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, Tuco.
    Those with loaded guns,
    and those who dig. You dig."
    -Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Knowing how the ChiComs are, I hope whoever originally packed my press doesn't get a bullet in the back of their head.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W.
    Knowing how the ChiComs are, I hope whoever originally packed my press doesn't get a bullet in the back of their head.
    you dont know how rite you may be

Feedback Score

I finally made enough room in the garage to assemble the 12 ton A-frame shop press I ordered from HF, and I found that a part is missing. It's one of the "header supports", and I should have 4, but only 3 are in the box. Can't jury rig it, either.

HF has a toll free number for problems, but it's very busy. I tried 6-10 times a day. Monday through Wed. afternoon before I finally got to a recording, and after a long wait on hold, I talked to a representative.

She said no problem, they'd ship the part, but it will take "6 to 8 weeks"! Asked her twice if there's any way to get one sooner, no dice. It has to ship from China.

Great price on the press ($100), phenomenal shipping (only $8.99), polite customer service rep, but this parts replacement service is horrible.

I had 3 kits lined up for assembly, but they're just bumming me out now, so I packed them up into the closet again until July or whenever.

It was convenient to get it delivered to my door, but if I had it to do over again, I'd make the haul out to the HF store and buy in person. Then I could have just exchanged it at that store instead of waiting.
    what part are you calling a header support? the only thing i remember getting on mine that there were 4 of were the metric bolts? and i threw them away anyway..i stuck 1/2 in bolts in it to tighten it up a little
    you got to kill it to grill it...Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

They're 1/4 inch steel extensions, about 18 inches long and 3 inches wide. They hold the header at the top that the jack pushes against. I'd try to cobble something together from scrap, but this thing's got some curves in it.

I've got "Model 1667". Maybe you've got a different one.

Feedback Score

They're 1/4 inch steel extensions, about 18 inches long and 3 inches wide. They hold the header at the top that the jack pushes against. I'd try to cobble something together from scrap, but this thing's got some curves in it.

I've got "Model 1667". Maybe you've got a different one.
    OK..that must be a different model than the one i got..thanks for clearing that up

Feedback Score

I think he has a A frame press. That would explain the 4 pieces he's talking about. I think most of us here pop for the extra $25 and bought H frame presses. That may be the confusion.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Badnews
    I think he has a A frame press. That would explain the 4 pieces he's talking about. I think most of us here pop for the extra $25 and bought H frame presses. That may be the confusion.
    Yes- I am a cheapskate.

That extra $25 can buy 2 receiver flats!

Please don't tell me that the A-Frame presses don't work.

Feedback Score

i only paid 99 bucks for my H frame a month and a half ago..

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.