Review of OOW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review of OOW

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Review of OOW

Guys, I broke down and decided to order my first real registered ak receiver. I decided that I will eventually give them all a try but started with OOW because I had their phone number handy. Anyways, I ordered last Thursday evening around 5:45...15 min. before they close because I was waiting on my dealer to fax over his license.(supposedly this is the new way to have your dealer send his info. to the distributor..see the post I made here.)The womand who worked the phone, Rachel, was extremely nice and cordial.

I got a call on Monday afternoon that my order had arrived and was ready to be picked up! Boy was that fast! I got to my dealer and sure enough it was the OOW receivers. I got one of the AK99 receivers (AK47 stripped receiver) and and AK74 receiver. I think I paid $59.95 + $13 for shipping and insurance. Total came up to $132.90 for two stripped receiver. Not a bad deal. Evidently, if you order $10 you get a price break down to $50 I think. I will give a full update on the receivers when I get some more time. So far, I have been very impressed with Ohio Ordnance Works. One last question, why does the receiver have the manufacturer listed as Int. Arms?

bsn
    Feedback Score

ITM is the manufacturer, Alot of people dog them for the selector hole but I never had any real issues with them and they have no wear problems.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with their selector hole as it had an uneven depth to it. The "S" and "F" were also pretty primitive and didn't have a consistent depth on the stamp. Other than that I'm certainly happy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Wait till you put her together before you judge the low selector hole on the 47 receiver, lol
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The '74's don't have the "low selector hole" issue... only the '47s have this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yup like I said, on the 47 build Still OOW's are a Beotch to build on IMO.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

People don't like the OOW's for 2 reason.
    (1) On the 47 (7.62) receivers the selector is low. This is VERY noticable when the weapon is together. Just look at the gap between the selector and receiver top cover.

(2) That huge ugly ass symbol that is in the side of the receiver. Why couldn't they move it to underneath.

Other then that the OOW is a fine receiver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I built two AK74's and two AK47's with the OOW. All built fine and turned out nice, except for the low selector holes on the 47's. The more and more I look at them the more I dislike that ugly gap. I plan on getting rid of the 47's just for that reason. I would use the OOW 74 receiver again but not the OOW 47. That gap is just unacceptable to me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

If OOW knows about this defect in the 47 receiver, why don't they fix it ?
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Damn, wish I knew about that before I bought them. Fortunately one is a 74 and one a 47. And, I haven't started working on the 47 yet. What is involved in fixing the problem? Do you have to file off the tab on the selector that holds the trigger group down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.