Centerfire Yugo kits (customer service issue.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerfire Yugo kits (customer service issue.)

Feedback Score

Default Centerfire Yugo kits (customer service issue.)

Here is what I posted (in responce) to what Centerfire has done with their treatment of customers and their deal with Atlantic Firearms. I have stayed out of the fight until now, but thought ya'all should hear what I went through.

here is the thread on akfiles

Atlantic yugo underfolder

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by loisfromcenterfire
    Hello Everyone, Let's take a step back here. We knew the kits were coming in. The owner viewed a large amount of the product before purchasing them. We were just as excited about the kits as the next person. We made a judgement call to ship the kits without sorting. In some cases...people were extremely happy with thier purchase. Some people did not get so lucky. This is surplus...sounds pretty typical? So then one person receives a kit that is actually really nice. The next person compares their kit and finds it doesn't quite measure up and feels he got the short end of the stick. Suddenly we have a "down with centerfire" campaign going on. The feeding frenzy starts and the return authorizations are being written up faster than I can type. But ok, we kept our cool and continued to attempt to make the situation right. No questions asked returns, refunds etc. Obviously at this point we have to regroup and SORTING kits was now the only answer. Along came Atlantic Firearms..smart move on his part if you ask me. Says to us, while you're sorting those kits, if you have any premium condition kits, I'll be happy to purchase them at a premium price. Am I going to turn down his offer? Please! Now keep in mind..some of those kits we cleaned up and sold to Atantic, are the very kits people sent back because they didn't try to clean them up and see what they really looked like under the dirt and cosmo. Feedback from our customers indicated that we needed to start sorting the kits....Not some predetermined plan to undermine our very own customers. We actually thought that but not sorting the kits...we were doing the FAIR thing...luck of the draw. No one gets pick of the litter just because we like how they spell their name kind of thing. We found that didn't please everyone either.
    In our business we are always looking for the next new and different kit or item that our repeat customers may be looking for. We count on repeat business. It's offensive to me and I'm only assuming to Blaine for people to even consider this as some sort of undermining. Blaine came to us at an opportune time...any of you could have beat him to the punch and requested the same thing. If you had been the first...you'd be who we were dealing with. Blaine is smart business man. He knew when the timing was right! And he know that from listening to your feedback back to us. So it seems..we're damned if we do, we're damned if we don't. But we'll keep trying.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my tale as far as centerfires customer service
    I have thus far tried to stay out of this fight and have been doing so for quite some time. Even though Centerfire has had $6000 of my money all this time. First off, I can accept that you didn't grade them and later found out that they were in lesser condtion then your originally thought, I can also understand that you took extra time to grade them after you found out they were not in the condition you thought. Both Tara, You and your Boss explained to my satisfaction what was going on. I was will to wait a little while longer. Then something started to happed. Instead of getting all the remaining kits I was owed I got only 10 at a time (without anyone calling me and explaining this was going to happen.) Of the 50 original kits I ordered 40 were NOT anywhere near verygood condition. OK fine, you covered the shipping back. ANd promised to send ALL of the remaining kits back to me. This is where the dribbling kits came in. Of the 10 I got 7 were usable not very good mind you, but we only sent three back. We were one of the first to order and Centerfire was holding our money, promising we would get our kits. Now we find that the kits that CF was grading as VG are all going to Atlantic FA (our conpetitor) By the way as an aside we DID clean the bores on all the kits we got, so you are welcome for the "pre-sceened" kits. Furthermore the next batch of ten kits came in and 5 had to go back because of bad bores these were CLEARLY not vg condition kits. And I am told that the slow shipping is due to the fact that they have to grade the kits before shipping (but they are gading all the vg kits and selling them to Atlantic (Keep in mind they still have my money) Now we were the first with Yugo rifles and the first with yugo receivers, but our business is being hampered because they are giving all the vg kits to atlantic. Meanwhile I call Lois and confront her with the facts and our displeasure with their business practices. We are are waiting on 15 remaining kits that we ordered WAY before these kits were even advertized, months ago...So Lois promises to send me my remaining 15 kits (because I cancelled the last ten since I really need them before Christmas) She promised that day to send them (which was two weeks ago) So far no call, no tracking number, no e-mail , no kits. So I ask you the members of the gun boards, what would you do? How would you feel if you ordered something and was promised it on a certain date and the goll posts kept moving on you? So, now CF has not only raised the price artifically so that one company get s their kits first if they pay more for them (meanwhile other vendors have payed already for product they are deverting to Atlantic because they are paying more. So, if I am reading this right. We should have payed EXTRA for product we already payed BEFORE these other guys so we could get the product that was promised at the time it was promised? Well, what do ya'all think?

Firearms built the "old school" way, right the first time.
    AKaholic # 21 Status: Online | Posts: 76 | Registered: Oct 2003 Report Post | IP: Logged

Today, 11:02 AM
    Post #30

Bearwhositshere

Gold Contributor

Just got a call from Centerfire, they said they credited my credit card last week. Well, great it would've been nice if they had called me and let me know they did that. Meanwhile I have a bunch of receivers bought and payed for for kits that aren't going to show up. I guess all the vg kits went to Atlantic. Great, this doesn't give me a warm and fuzy.
    If they had just called I would have let it all slide, but I had to track them down and find out after the fact. The owner did apologize for the mistake of not calling which I accept. But it leaves a taste in my mouth that this not calling their customer back multiple times. ANyway, I have had my say and am done with this. I will let you guys decide how YOU feel about these facts.

Firearms built the "old school" way, right the first time.

BlackWell Industries inc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ya.... the whole Centerfire, Yugo AK thing is a debaucle. Of all the kits they brought in it would appear only a small percentage were actually able to be fairly graded at VG. And that's if your using the NRA grading system. And everybody, Centerfire included, knows about that system. To say 'what did you expect this is used surplus' is a total cop out to what turned out to be less than advertised. I don't feel it was done on purpose, more like they got burned and are trying to make the best of a bad sitch. But them not reducing the advertised grade after the fact, and this baloney about sending out kits with trashed bores after the fact... that's all on them. I went round and round on returns and etc. Finally got 3 decent bores, never did get one for the fixed stock kit.. forced to cannabalize. The first round.. well, everybody makes mistakes. The second and third?? Come on now.

If they'd advertised less than VG, okay... no complaints. Bottom line, VG means non-pitted barrel, and that's that. Doesn't mean 'chuck a bronze brush in a drill and go to town', doesn't mean 'scrub scrub scrub till it's shiny' but you've got no lands left. All they had to do was suck it up, take responsibility and reduce the rating... and if you wanted to spend $150 (remember that pre-buy price deal??) on a kit that may or may not have a decent bore... then its all on you.

...yes, I know a few of you got some decent ones right off the bat... seems to be the exception not the rule. And I don't know of anybody (was there one person?? can't remember) that got a non corroded barrel on a fixed.

Bearwhositshere, I'm with you... to a degree I call shennanigans. No more sight unseen pre-buys for me. And just to re-iterate... it's the grading system and handling of the whole thing that really chaps me. (not to mention MY time wasted) They continued sending out what they had even after they knew what they had it seems to me... and if you really wanted them to pick through to find you something 'as advertised', you had to send it back.

...hey, they covered your shipping??? NO FAIR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"We actually thought that but not sorting the kits...we were doing the FAIR thing...luck of the draw."..I dont think people knew they were entering into a lottery ..They thought they were buying very good kits, in some cases wasnt so.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have had nothing but good luck with Centerfire. And I've always found Lois to be a lady of her word.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I received 2 uf's in excellent condition and 1 fixed stock "without a corroded barrel". I am very happy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TammiJ
    I received 2 uf's in excellent condition and 1 fixed stock "without a corroded barrel". I am very happy.
    Congrats ! you won the lottery..some of your brethren werent as lucky

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jim Jones
    Congrats ! you won the lottery..some of your brethren werent as lucky
    And I am very sorry to hear that.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I'm talking to Lois about this right now. There are 2 sides to the issue.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bearwhositshere

I will let you guys decide how YOU feel about these facts.

BlackWell Industries inc.
    Oh you poor little baby.

We're so happy you've come here with your first post to whine and cry.

We just love to cuddle the hurt ones as they sit in the corner, sucking their thumbs and nursing their resentments.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

TammiJ... if you recieved a fixed stock without a single lick of any kind of corrosion in your bore, without a return, then your number one on my list (was it Magnus who had one??) and you have my envy. Still... you should count yourself lucky, your the exception and not the rule (all based on what I've seen, read, heard...etc) And the facts are what they are.

I was always treated pretty good by Centerfire as well, always got what was advertised, good customer service.. I had no problems getting a RA number to send back those kits, cost of shipping to me. I've stated what my problem with them was.

Honestly, I wish I'd have taken pictures of the kits I sent back.... VG condition?? Not even CLOSE. And any one who would say different is nothing but a liar. I wonder where that kit is now?

Preacher... I'm STILL waiting for a call back from Lois. No, I didn't barrage her with messages, and etc. Left her 2 mssgs.. 4 days apart. No they weren't nasty or anything like that either... name, number, about the fixed stock I recieved, contact me, name, number. Don't know her well enough to make a comment about her character, and I have no idea how well you know her. I only know she never called me back to discuss the second fixed stock with a shot out/black/rusted/corroded bore. Although, to their credit at least the stock hadn't been shaped into something resembling an FAL humpback like the first one I got. (one of several issues with that kit)

And that's just what it is and where it is, with a few ppl who got what they actually ordered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.