Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CFS $119 Polish kits

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39
    Now don't go getting his head all swelled up again.

I hope someone's taking a pickup to your rally--I'd hate for you not to be able to get back home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    I had intended for my lack of the vociferous comment to speak volumes.

I see however, that we are not suffering in silence.

It does have the distinction however of being the first kit I have ever gotten which would not headspace.

[/size]
    LMAO!!! Guys, I got both of mine yesterday. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated when I receive something that isn't in the condition that I expected it to be. I figured I'd post the question first and see what others got. Mine is like Rhino's, Sniper's first, and BlueJack's. I guess the least to say was that I was disappointed. One kit had a busted handgaurd, bent folder, and both trunnions cut. Second kit had cut rear trunnion... and this is where I stopped. I didn't even bother to inspect much further as far as the bore and headspace went.I might from both of the kits be able to salvage enough parts for a decent build. I think pictures would speak a thousand words here.

Anyone know if these kits were demilled here? Did you guys notice the "dummy" Polish kits that went up for sale at about the same time as these kits?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Guys take a look at the picture that CFS posted of the kits. If you look close, the rear trunnion rivet appears to be cut into in the picture. Just the way both of mine were, except farther on one.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/polishkit.html

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    I hope someone's taking a pickup to your rally--I'd hate for you not to be able to get back home.
    That's pretty cold Man.

By the way, when is the Beemer Rendezvous?
    Will all 6 members be in attendance?

Here's a link to Ours.

http://www.harleyrendezvous.com/

Luke,
    Make sure Winn doesn't open up the pics of the wet T contest.
    Remember what the Judge said after the last incident

Feedback Score

I got 2 kits. The first one was mint, the second really used hard . Both rear trunions cut short about 3/8 inch. All matching on both kits. I attacked the worn kit first and built up weld on the trunion,ground it down and drilled. Worked fine and build is almost finished. Just have to make & install rails & FCG. I will keep it in it's worn look as it gives it some class. Ktis are kits and I have been spoiled by the mint ones in the past but getting by the problems is part of the fun and in the end it will all work out. A bit more work but what the hell-that's why I build them...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Pictures of Polish Kit#1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010203-small-.jpg  

CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010206-small-.jpg  

CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010207-small-.jpg  

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Polish Kit#2. The worse of the 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010204-small-.jpg  

CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010206-small-.jpg  

CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010209-small-.jpg  

CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010211-small-.jpg  

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here's also a picture of the front trunnion on the second kit. If you look at the underfolder on the first one, it has bent somehow. It's a little hard to see in the picture. Finish is hard to see, but not something to write home about.

edit:If only I had one good rear trunnion I would probably keep the first kit. Wonder if with some of the kits sent back there are is one that she would send me. How are the Polish kits from Global Trades? Would it be worth it to pay the extra money for one of these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS 9 Polish kits-p1010212-small-.jpg  

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

I will post pics of mine in a bit. As to the global trades kits the one I have is beautiful. I believe 7.62x39 has bought a couple of the global kits also - maybe he could offer some input.

Feedback Score

Boy, I'm glad I drove to Centerfire to pick up mine. Got an all matching kit that looks brand new. The rear trunnion has been cut into however... And it didnt come with a cleaning rod for some reason. Hard luck, guys!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.