Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wasr 3???

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    OK OK more on this coversion thing. Is it the same as the singal stack or what? and were can I find some pics I don't take well to instruction that I can;t see dislictic you know got to see this first.and maybe some others would as wellso come on don't keep it to youselves the masses want to knowLMAO

some searching around came up with the following thread. It has pictures too. http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4424 Hope this helps. I am figuring the 223 or 5.45 would be similar (and hope it is just a matter of removing some material from the receiver).

On a related subject:
    Also FAC is taking backorders. Here is the information I received from Harlan:

Here are more specific details for the WASR2 and WASR3 rifles that we are offering, all have the separate pistol grip and buttstock:

WASR2 single stack (5.45x39) - p.n. RI1172N, to the dealer price at $199.95, includes 1-10rd mag, cleaning kit and sling,

WASR3 single stack (.223) - p.n. RI1174N, to the dealer price at $199.95, includes 1-10rd mag, cleaning kit and sling,

WASR2 hi-cap (5.45x39) - p.n. RI1167N, to the dealer price at $308.95, includes 1-30rd mag, cleaning kit and sling,

WASR3 hi-cap (.223) - p.n. RI1168N, to the dealer price at $308.95, includes 1-30rd mag, cleaning kit and sling.

S/H/I is extra on all of the above. We do not expect Century will have these to ship to us until late August, at the earliest. No actual images, or infomation about extra mag availability has been released.
    You can treat this as a public announcement if you wish. We are ready to start taking back orders.

Harlan
    FAC

Only thing I need to figure now is do I want one or two . For around $400 plus shipping and transfer fee isn't to bad for two rifles in my opinion. What do you all think.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    Sniper what mag would you use with that and can I borrow about $400 and change S/H you know LMAO . Hey by the way keep an eye on your snail mail may be a ssurrprize in it for ya . Probably Fri. or Sat. it went out today Hope it's OK.And Thanks Mike .

I am assuming you are referring to the hi cap models and the converted wasr's. For the 223, a wieger mag would be the best bet. For the 5.45 - any -74 mag should do fine. As for in the original single stack config - I am not sure what other mags there are that could be used. As for borrowing $400, I am going to have a hard enough time justifying another purchase for my "hobby" so don't think I would be able to lend any out . I'll keep an eye on the snail mail and let you know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Talked to my rep from Century today. He said Century does not have the WASR3 models in yet, but they are expecting them any day. Aparently they have a very large demand for them. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

I wonder how quick they will sell out? Also if you had a choice would you go with two of the WASR3's or with one WASR3 and one WASR2? I would love to get a 5.45 but don't know if I want to start stocking(buying and storing) another caliber in quantity. The 223 AK's are a dream to shoot though and I figure having two guns that use wieger mags would be a plus. I wonder if interordnance is going to have a run on wieger mags.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I just want 223. I think if you build your own you are better off getting a Bulgarian kit from K-Var or when centerfire had them from them. I had a SAR2 and sold it. I like the Bulgarian quality, better machining etc. I suspect the WASR2 will be like the SAR2. Don't get me wrong, the SAR was nice but if in a pinch, give me a Bulgarian. I wish one of the companies would get some Polish 545x39 or perhaps some Hungarian or E.German. Now that would be nice. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Jack, thanks for the input. Maybe down the road I will do a 74 build. I also was thinking if the AWB sunsets that a pistol in 5.45 would be sweet. Not to take this thread off topic, I'll start another one, but here is a pic of the barrel I am thinking of using. (the one on top, the bottom one is a krink barrel for comparison).

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

hey I was think about the same thing, I got 5 of these from K-var when was on sale for $10. my problem will be the gas port. cause I never press anything in or off the barrel yet.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack
    hey I was think about the same thing, I got 5 of these from K-var when was on sale for $10. my problem will be the gas port. cause I never press anything in or off the barrel yet.
    Bluejack, this thread discusses it a bit more 5.45x39 pistol??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.