Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAC Policy: Charge Extra Shipping on Back Orders

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default FAC Policy: Charge Extra Shipping on Back Orders

All...

Recently, I placed an order for three items from FAC. Two were in stock, shipped - and I was charged for shipping.

Today, the BO'd item arrived with - guess what? - an additional shipping charge - 17% of the value of the $27 part.

I phoned FAC to determine their official policy on shipping & BO'd items. According to FAC, full shipping is charged on items in stock, followed by ADDITIONAL "minimal shipping" on BO'd items.

From my experience, every other company I have dealt with has shipped BO'd items without shipping charges, realizing that they are the ones that have chosen to stock a certain level of product - a business decision that you, the customer, does not get to vote on.

Be warned: FAC has a reputation for advertising items that are not in stock - and, should you order from them, your costs may be far higher than indicated by Web Invoice. I would suggest that you seek out the actual source of these products, and order from those that actually make and have them.

Should Harlen wish to reply to the situation? Invoice number B07043904. No, I don't want any money back - simply state, in public, your policy on backorder shipping costs.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

well that bones... and they will NOT hold the parts in stock till the BO parts show up so they may run out of what they do have awaiting the BO. so even if you are willing to wate for the BO stuff you still will not definatly get everything on one shipping charge. just cant win sometimes

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

That does seem unusual. As you stated most suppliers do not charge shipping on back orders.
    That doesn't seem right.

Feedback Score

Thanks 'Trotsky'.
    We do charge for S/H on back ordered items. I can see that customers who use the internet ordering system would not be aware of this. I will bring up this topic during upcoming management meetings, and see what better notice can be made available to any potential customer.
    In the meantime, is anyone aware of other companies who charge S/H for back ordered items?

Harlan
    FAC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Most companies do not charge shipping on B/O items unless this is the only item ordered. If part of the item is shipped the shipping charge would usually cover the item B/Od if it had all been shipped together. If the item B/Od would increase the shipping charge then the difference in the shipping charge would be appropiate.

Example if shipping would normally be $10 for all items and one item is B/Od that item would ship w/o any additional charge.

If shipping would have been $15 for all items and the original shipping charge was $10 then it would be appropiate to charge the difference on the B/O item (ie $5).

I usually order from the company that charges the least on shipping. I save hundreds of dollars on not ordering items because I don't want to pay shipping. Shipping is a part of the cost of the item. I am not going to pay $8+ dollars shipping on a $12 dollar item. I have had companies that have charged me that kind of shipping ONCE then I don't do business with them again. I would rather wait till the next show or group my orders before I will pay high shipping charges. Companies that look at shipping as a profit center loose more business than they can imagine. If you lower your rates or offer specials on free/reduced shipping your business will grow.
    Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I once received a split order from IO, they did not charge me extra shipping on the BO item.

I also had similiar situations with Centerfire, had to make special arrangement with Tapco, but they did it for me

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Maybe I don't understand at all. If I order something that is suppose to be in stock, and I later find out that it is backordered and am charged an extra percentage because it is B/O, I am going to be pissed. It isn't my fault that it wasn't stocked, and now I have to wait longer and pay an extra fee. IMO they should give you a discount when something is backordered and it takes longer to get there.

However, I do agree with falshooter's statement concerning a split order. If your total shipping for all items is $15.00, and $10 is applied for the first package and $5 for the backordered item, fine. Or, the entire shipping is $5 and it is charged up front and the backordered item is sent later. It isn't sent free because it was covered with the initial shipping.

But, I don't think it would be right, to charge $10 for the first items that are in stock, and then charge $5 + 17% for the B/O item.

If this happened to me, I WOULD find someone else to buy from. I have never dealt with FAC, but there are many companies out there that have really worked with me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

KVAR has never charged any of my back orders on a split delivery
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

HARLAN everything else aside..... IT IS REALY GOOD to see you post here!!!!! I think now is the time to and here is the place to tell EVERYONE about my customer service story of FAC. I will be as short as I can, I bought a part it did not fit as I expected it would. FAC did more that I ever would have thought to be shure I was satisfied. the part is still on the gun and it is fine due to FAC going the extra mile for me. this is the very short version.... end result... I order from them again and this post for everyone to read. they are all rite in my book.
    Harlen said he would bring it up in a group, then I can take him at his word. then the group can deside what they wnat to do. MY OPPINION is at very least the policy will be cleary notisable so the customer can decide. maby some of the suggestions here will be mentioned at the meeting. but that is up to them what they want to do.
    I know I am rambeling BUT they HONESTLY went above and beyond for me. NO joke.

Feedback Score

I don't order more than once from companies that use S&H as a means of increasing their profit margin. A good example is joeken in Arizona. I ordered an AK receiver from them for $32.00(a while back) didn't think to ask what shipping was. Very shocked to see that they charged $13 for S&H. Took the package back to UPS and asked what the true shipping charge was---less than $4! Haven't dealt with Joking since!!!
    OJF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.