Sportsman's Guide Tantal Kits...I'm pissed.

Thread: Sportsman's Guide Tantal Kits...I'm pissed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Sportsman's Guide Tantal Kits...I'm pissed.

...Because I should have ordered all of my tantals from these guys!!!

First off--Ordered the kit and bought a buyer's club membership both together. Originally the kit was $220 shipped, but the $30 club membership dropped the price to $200 even. I added a $15 off coupon code and ended up with about $231 and change shipped to my door (shipping was right about 17 bucks). It shipped last night, and was delivered at 1:03 this afternoon. Wow.

The kit? PERFECT. 2 polymer "slabside" type magazines and bipod were also included. The only spot any of the black finish is coming off is on the very end of the brake. the bore, as would be expected, is flawless. I couldn't be happier.

I would rate this as right up there with the collector-grade kits bob was selling. I'm quite happy with the purchase. Will post up pics later tonight, around 9 p.m. CST or so.

The Mad Messenger Zane Zackerly's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Be careful of Sportsman's Guide kits! I get reams of catalogs from these folks and they often mis-label stuff like this. They once had a Yugo milled kit labeled as a Romy or vice versa.

Be warned!
    "I Am the Mad Messenger From the Edge"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i had a mis-labeled pair of boots a couple years ago. i called them 10 minutes after opening the box, they said no sweat. sent me the correct item while they were waiting for the one they sent me to get back to them (no charge for return shipping either--labels were included just in case). they also gave me $15 in "store credit" for a future purchase to apologize for the inconvenience.

while i've had a couple unfortunate instances with them (the whole 20 mags deal and the issues surrounding that) all in all i've been very happy with them. if something isn't right, they have the testicular fortitude to do whatever is necessary to make it right, and i love that about them. too many companies these days don't do that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

update to add a pic. as you can see there's a little finish rubbing off of the metal, but what made me immensely happy was the condition of the bakelite lower handguard and p-grip. both are absolutely FLAWLESS with zero dings, and outstanding marbling throughout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sportsman's Guide Tantal Kits...I'm pissed.-tantal.jpg  

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Need...Self...Control
    "No honey, that old thing, I've had that for years"
    Kalashnikov Georgia Builders
    member # 047

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

AF,

I think you lucked out.
    From what I've seen, their kits are not usually of the highest quality.
    I'm glad to hear you got a nice one.

Feedback Score

I also picked up one of these kits last week from SMG. Everything looks pretty nice, although the blueing is only about 75% on my kit. I intended to have the entire kit reblued after a SA build anyway, so overall I'm very happy with the quality and condition of the kit.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Nice kit, Are you on hotbarrel's US made tantal brake list? I have one on mine and it's perfect, with that and a US tantal piston, you can keep all of that nice original furniture.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.