Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AR15.com and CFS?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default AR15.com and CFS?

First let me say, that despite problems that some have had with CFS in the past, I've always had pretty decent dealings with them and I feel that their people have taken care of me. If they have something I need and have the best price, I'll still go with them.

I ran across an add from CFS on ARF.com. It appears that they are now and "industry partner" on that website and are now suppose to be offering "special deals and sales items". CFS is receiving a small quantity of virgin Yugo barrels for $169. In fact they are suppose to be so new that the gas port holes haven't been drilled. Since CFS supposedly doesn't have these yet, I posted to find out if the gas ports were gonna be drilled before the barrel is purchased. After all, we all know that the gas port hole is drilled at an angle to surface of the barrel. Many people might not have the means of drilling this hole at an angle. This might not make the purchase of the barrel economical for some. In light of this, I wanted to know if this would happen prior to purchase. I also commented that based on the price of a virgin barrel, it might be more economical for some to purchase a finished gun from CFS for rather than buying a parts kit and new barrel.

Within a couple of hours I get an IM from a mod on ARF letting me know that I had violated the Equipment Exchange rules by Ad Stomping and if I did it again, I would be banned from the EE. My question and comment had been deleted along with 3 or 4 other people's that I hadn't actually gotten a chance to read.

What gives here? I in no means was trying to stomp CFS's add. In fact, finding out if the gas port was drilled was really important to me. Deleting posts like this reminds me of gunsnet and some of the crap they pulled in their classifieds. What kind of a relationship does CFS have with ARF.com? Does ARF.com delete posts for all the industry partners and paying vendors? Has anyone else had similar situations happen to them? Things like this remind me why I enjoy this gun forum. Gunco has always watched out for my best interests with the way they run their board!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Josh you have to just let folks do what they want to. And I've wondered the same: I've not drilled a gas hole in a yugo and don't know if the block can be used as a guide or not. Yesterday I got in one of their $80 trash ones and it's beautiful with 98%+ finish and a good barrel. I don't see a AK barrel worth $150 plus -- yet.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

ARFCOM has a history of letting their vendors run amok and whine when people criticize their bussiness practices.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsport2885
    ARFCOM has a history of letting their vendors run amok and whine when people criticize their bussiness practices.
    Yet they seem to tolerate a good portion of their members posting rude foul mouthed comments about each other and anything else. The few times I've looked at their site, it only lasts a few minutes before I get very turned off by the arrogant assholes that hang out there. This is common at most other gunsites & thats why I frequent Gunco
    " There's no place like home"
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

You get what get with CFS and that ain't saying much. Sure wish I could say more publically.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    Well I can say more ,If ya call up to order some stuff and don't tell them you are from GUNCO the stuff ya get is much better than if you do !! When this started was right after they became a vendor here ,they thought they had us by the short hairs !!! I tested this theroy by having a friend order a yugo and 20 mins later I did they both came on the same day his looked as if it had been hand picked and mine looked like it had been run over by a truck ,We both ordered fron the same rep !! He wanted to test this one more time so we did with the same out come !!
    Now don't get me wrong the ones I got could be completely redone and made into some good weapons but they were in way what was to be called in good condition !!
    The guys over there will find this out as well after CFS was them under foot !!

I talked to Lois about this when ya ordered from her ya got the right stuff but if ya got someone else you were screwed !!! It was at this time that they gave Lois a job that took her off the phone and they said it was because she had a promotion !! Ya Right !!!!!!

Lois was the creator of Bluebroker, so she did get off the phones. She is back on now since bluebroker sort of went the way of the Edsel.

, I ordered stuff and I even got shafted. I ordered those 25 Yugos and they were mish/mosh kits (I knew I had to pick threw them) and I retured 6 that were just junk and broken. They replaced them and this is where it got interesting. I kept telling her and she kept saying let me know when you get them ready? Then it took weeks to get my 6 kits back and I had to call a couple of times? Then they sent the wrong kits and instead of straightening it out by sending back the wrong stuff I had her send me something to credit it out. That took months and I had to call and call. By the time all of this was settled maybe 4 months had gone by? I'm glad it did settle because it happened right before they left and we cut them off.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Wasn't problems in EE the main reason Templar and the others spun off and created their own forum?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa

What gives here? I in no means was trying to stomp CFS's add. In fact, finding out if the gas port was drilled was really important to me. Deleting posts like this reminds me of gunsnet and some of the crap they pulled in their classifieds.
    you just answered your own question.........it's about the money, I have noticed that arfcom has slowly but steadly have turned into goonsnet.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

The Mad Messenger Zane Zackerly's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39
    Wasn't problems in EE the main reason Templar and the others spun off and created their own forum?
    I'm a member of AKforum, and I've tried to read between the lines on a lot of posts over there.

SOMETHING happened and ARFcom's name comes up a lot but I haven't found a thread yet with any specifics.
    "I Am the Mad Messenger From the Edge"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39

Yes, I know the story and why they left to make AKforum. I'm not sure they want it known as common knowledge though.

It sure had a lot to do with CFS comeing online over there though.
    Last edited by Sangrun Hunter; 02-22-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.