Cabela's Slimline Machete
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Slimline Machete

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Cabela's Slimline Machete

Dont waste your money.

Sure it looks cool. Ive even heard some Mall Ninjas on Goonsnet refer to it as a "Tactical Sword."...I guess that means it's black and covered in plastic...

Here are my issues with it:

*It comes dull, very dull, and even after sharpening, it wont hold an edge-- at all.

*It's a short samurai sword blade, which is made for SLASHING people, not chopping and hacking brush.

*The handle is just some poly tent string braided around the flat metal tang. After two or three chops it will hurt your hand.

If you want a conversation piece, or want to complete your Uber-Techninja costume that you prance around infront of the mirror in, or to keep behind your front door in case of an over-zealous solicitor, then fine, but in all reality it has absolutely no utilitarian usefulness.

Go with a Spetznaz axe or a Woodsman's Pal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

...tactical sword....
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, because I am the baddest motherfu$@er in the goddamn valley.

Feedback Score

I have a real Panamanian machete, strong enough to cut an adult palm tree into pieces in a matter of minutes....was free. The stuff they sell on those catalogs are for looks only.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by aviator
    I have a real Panamanian machete, strong enough to cut an adult palm tree into pieces in a matter of minutes....was free. The stuff they sell on those catalogs are for looks only.

A real sugarcane machete? Got pics?

Sometimes Im a sucker for impulse buys.

Yes, those dopes overthere called it a "Tactical Sword" ... Im guessing because The Delta Force now issues them in place of silenced MP5's?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by D.B.Cooper
    A real sugarcane machete? Got pics?

Sometimes Im a sucker for impulse buys.

Yes, those dopes overthere called it a "Tactical Sword" ... Im guessing because The Delta Force now issues them in place of silenced MP5's?
    Oh, I can post pictures later, the thing has been so used and abused, but it'll chop just about anything down. I've had it for almost 30 years. You won't find a cuban without a machete....they are excellent tools, weapons.

They were actually used during the cuban indepedence war against spain, very effectively as a matter of facts. If you don't die from the wound you'd die from the infection.

Feedback Score

The way to sharpen a machete is with a file by the way, not a stone.

Cepphus i haven't been looking for one in a long time, but if I find another like it I'll ship it your way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cabela's Slimline Machete-mvc-004s.jpg  

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    OH yeah now THAT'S A KNIFE !!!!
    And well balanced too !!!
    But used all day long it can make blisters !!!! LOL

How's your leg !!!!
    Knee hurts from age and overweight, it's got a nice 6 inch scar on it. My surgical procedures ain't very good.

Feedback Score

My dad has one of those. Best tool in his shed. Oldest and sharpest one too. Used many a summer day in my youth cutting trails. Makes quick work out of 10 foot high Blackberry thickets and anything else in your way.

Those plastic handled pieces of sheet metal hardware stores sell marked "Machete" dont even hold a candle to 'em.

If you cana find a line up on those, let me know.

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aviator
    The way to sharpen a machete is with a file by the way, not a stone.

Cepphus i haven't been looking for one in a long time, but if I find another like it I'll ship it your way.
    Will I'll be ... until you posted the photo I had no idea what it actually looked like.

I have one of those that I got as a small boy in Tennessee, I?ve had it for 50 plus years now. Looks exactly like the one in the photo, I even had a leather sheath for many years but time got the best of it.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GusB
    Will I'll be ... until you posted the photo I had no idea what it actually looked like.

I have one of those that I got as a small boy in Tennessee, I?ve had it for 50 plus years now. Looks exactly like the one in the photo, I even had a leather sheath for many years but time got the best of it.
    Mine is only about 30, but they'lll last forever, just use a flat file on them to keep them sharp and hang it somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.