Question about GlobalTrades service??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about GlobalTrades service???

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gunnutjay
    Hey Guys; (What's your experience with Globaltrades.com been like?)

Well, on the 15th of Feb, I sent off my money order for 3 M14 stocks to GlobalTrades.com... I previously called and emailed them to verify the shipping charge and was pleased with the service and had promptly placed my order...

So, skip ahead to now... March 8th... That's three weeks... And nothing in the mail, no tracking # via email to me or anything...

So... I emailed them two days ago, with a polite request as to what is going on... No reply, I re-emailed them today, no reply, I checked their website to see if there was a order phone # and there is not, just their email... (armoryusainfo@globaltrades .com)

Any of your experiences or advice is appreciated... I just find it is "funny" that I recieved good service up front and when they got my payment, things changed...

Cheers
    gunnutjay
    dude, all i can say is - good luck, i've been waiting on a receiver since Nov 15, haven't been annoying them or anything like that .. just waiting. But now I don't want their receiver anymore, and I can't even get through to cancel the freaking thing. heh.
    I hope they check their email, cause if they charge me now, I'll be disputing it.

The Mad Messenger Zane Zackerly's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I've been waiting since November for a muzzle brake from Krebs.

These manufacturers that have small shops and whatnot only do small production runs as they are able and have orders to fill.

I'm so used to waiting for stuff that I feel there's something wrong with the item if it's in stock--LOL!
    "I Am the Mad Messenger From the Edge"

bsn
    Feedback Score

I like Global and up until recently, I never had a problem with them. In late July, I ordered a custom SN# 5.45 receiver with no selector hole?s or selector dimple along with a few 7.62 receivers. I was told 4-6 weeks so I used an FFL near the job sight I was going to be working at for the next couple of months instead of near my house 75 miles from the job site. After about six weeks, my FFL contacted me and said they were in but they were waiting for Global to fax them a copy of their FFL that had been requested when my FFL sent theirs in. Global kept promising to mail or fax a copy but nothing happened for 3 weeks. After raising all kinds of hell with Global they finally sent the copy and I dove the 75 miles each way to pick up the receivers since my job location had now changed. The three 7.62 receivers looked terrible, 2 were warped badly and the finish work on all, holes, magwell and rails was very ragged, not like the Global?s I had used in the past. They all turned into decent builds though. The 5.45 receiver had the selector holes and dimple pressed even though the receipt supplied was very clear about no selector holes or dimple. After contacting Global I was told two weeks on the correct receiver ?they would get right on it?. Every two weeks I called and got the same answer ?two more weeks?. December 23 my FFL called up and said the receiver was in. I take off work early, drive the 75 miles each way in holiday traffic (5 hour round trip that day) and pick up the receiver. Low and behold, it?s identical to the first receiver shipped even though the receipt clearly states what is needed and that it was done incorrectly once already. I call Jimmy at Global and he apologizes for the mistakes and promises a two-week turn around ?we will start on it immediately and won?t get it wrong again?. After 2 weeks I call to check status, ?two more weeks? this goes on until the first week of February when the answer changes to ?shipping in three days?. After a week and nothing showing up, I call and am told the ?three days? was when they were going to ship to the heat treater not me ?two more weeks?. I went ballistic; Jimmy wasn?t there but the other owner (Zatar???) promised me that he would have someone come in on a Saturday and have it shipped out Monday. I told him that wasn?t necessary I just needed someone to give me an honest answer as to when it would ship; he stated it would ship out Monday. Friday I received the replacement receiver no selector hole but they pressed the damn selector dimple in making it useless for an authentic Tantal build. I call Global they tell me send it back again and this time they would ?get it right and ship in two weeks?. I asked ?in my hands in two weeks?? She answers at ?least six, maybe more we are really backed up? WTF!!! I ended up keeping the one I had, pressed the dimple out and did a lot of extra work to make it look good but it came out nice. What upset me most about Global wasn?t that they screwed up three times on a very clear order it was the indifference and arrogance I encountered trying to get them to straiten it out. Seven months of hell, they have lost my business as a result.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chapaev
    dude, all i can say is - good luck, i've been waiting on a receiver since Nov 15, haven't been annoying them or anything like that .. just waiting. But now I don't want their receiver anymore, and I can't even get through to cancel the freaking thing. heh.
    I hope they check their email, cause if they charge me now, I'll be disputing it.

I have no issue reaching them myself, but my CC being used to buy a receiver for someone else sort of makes me wonder about what else my CC may be used for?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bsn
    I like Global and up until recently, I never had a problem with them. In late July, I ordered a custom SN# 5.45 receiver with no selector hole?s or selector dimple along with a few 7.62 receivers. I was told 4-6 weeks so I used an FFL near the job sight I was going to be working at for the next couple of months instead of near my house 75 miles from the job site. After about six weeks, my FFL contacted me and said they were in but they were waiting for Global to fax them a copy of their FFL that had been requested when my FFL sent theirs in. Global kept promising to mail or fax a copy but nothing happened for 3 weeks. After raising all kinds of hell with Global they finally sent the copy and I dove the 75 miles each way to pick up the receivers since my job location had now changed. The three 7.62 receivers looked terrible, 2 were warped badly and the finish work on all, holes, magwell and rails was very ragged, not like the Global?s I had used in the past. They all turned into decent builds though. The 5.45 receiver had the selector holes and dimple pressed even though the receipt supplied was very clear about no selector holes or dimple. After contacting Global I was told two weeks on the correct receiver ?they would get right on it?. Every two weeks I called and got the same answer ?two more weeks?. December 23 my FFL called up and said the receiver was in. I take off work early, drive the 75 miles each way in holiday traffic (5 hour round trip that day) and pick up the receiver. Low and behold, it?s identical to the first receiver shipped even though the receipt clearly states what is needed and that it was done incorrectly once already. I call Jimmy at Global and he apologizes for the mistakes and promises a two-week turn around ?we will start on it immediately and won?t get it wrong again?. After 2 weeks I call to check status, ?two more weeks? this goes on until the first week of February when the answer changes to ?shipping in three days?. After a week and nothing showing up, I call and am told the ?three days? was when they were going to ship to the heat treater not me ?two more weeks?. I went ballistic; Jimmy wasn?t there but the other owner (Zatar???) promised me that he would have someone come in on a Saturday and have it shipped out Monday. I told him that wasn?t necessary I just needed someone to give me an honest answer as to when it would ship; he stated it would ship out Monday. Friday I received the replacement receiver no selector hole but they pressed the damn selector dimple in making it useless for an authentic Tantal build. I call Global they tell me send it back again and this time they would ?get it right and ship in two weeks?. I asked ?in my hands in two weeks?? She answers at ?least six, maybe more we are really backed up? WTF!!! I ended up keeping the one I had, pressed the dimple out and did a lot of extra work to make it look good but it came out nice. What upset me most about Global wasn?t that they screwed up three times on a very clear order it was the indifference and arrogance I encountered trying to get them to straiten it out. Seven months of hell, they have lost my business as a result.

My receiver didn't show up today as promised as far as I know. I'm thinking tomorrow I will cancel and get a DCI receiver to ship the builder or maybe I will scrap the build altogether.

Feedback Score

Hey Guys;

Well, I spoke with two ladies, very nice conversations... Then to Jimmy himself, he found my stocks, not in the condition advertised, BUT gave me a 50% discount as I had to do the fixing up of the fiberglass and paint them... I was going to paint them anyways, so that's okay in my books..

So, I get a refund for 1/2 my bill, the three stocks I need are going in the mail to me via UPS and I am a HAPPY customer!

Cheers and Thanks for the Advice and Replies Guys!
    gunnutjay

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I had a problem with them a week or so ago. I ordered an amd63 gas tube, standard length. I also ordered a SA85 lower handguard. It took about a week to get here and I opened the package and found an amd65 gas tube, and a handguard for a bulgarian ak74. Total screwup. I called and arranged a return. Sent them back monday i think. Still waiting for the parts I ordered.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

No receiver today and it would be one day overdue. Tomorrow I call and cancel if it is not in transit.

No time for this crap anymore.

Feedback Score

UPDATE... 4 weeks & 1 day... Still no stocks on the way to me...

Hey;

As you guys know, I ordered 3 M14 stocks from Global, money order sent Feb 15th... I spoke with them last week, March 9th, spoke to the owner Jimmy and he promised the stocks would go out by tuesday March 14th at the latest... So, I call wednesday March 15th to get the tracking #, the lady says that they are sitting right next to her, asks for my email and says she will email me tomorrow (thursday) with a tracking # from UPS... AND put the $45 refund in the package with the stocks... I'm getting a refund as the stocks are not in the condition they are advertised, but heck, I'm refinishing them anyways... Back to the story...

So, I call just now March 16th... Lady says "These stocks right next to me..., they'll go out in the morning, UPS doesn't come around here but once a day..." AND, "The refund will have to go out to you seperate, Laurie is doing that, and she's not here..."

So, I ask for my order #, just to see what she says, heck, for all I know, there is not even an order... She gives me the # and I say I'll call them again tomorrow...

So... I am on the verge of just getting a refund, no bs anymore... If they work their business like that, then that lady must have everyone's order sitting "right next to her..." What pisses me off is they have the money order and have not done anything to send along the goods...

Cheers
    gunnutjay

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I sent a parts kit out to them to get a complete rifle built in january and every time I call I get a different story. One time it was completed and they were shipping, the next time they couldn't find it and they would call me back, they never called back. I hope they lost it and then I will just tell them it something nicer than what I sent....either way I've built three of them myself since then and I don't understand how it could take them so long...I'd say they should have a gun finished in like 2 hours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.