Thread: did i do ok? my new sks

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default did i do ok? my new sks

i went to the lexington, n.c. gun show this morning. it's very small. i went to buy some ammo. there were sks's every where...any way, at the classic arms/ assault technologies tables, they had new chiniese sks's still in cosmoline, cai imports, $229.00. he said he found a crate of them. they were the typical spike bayo orange wood........ but, there was one, it had laminate wood, a sort of a greenish and red in the dark grain. i snatched it. it has a triangle 26 mark by the breech. it also has cai and ks 7.62 on the barrel. also a blade bayonet.
    this sucker has some hard dryed-up cosmoline on it. i'm no sks guru, what did i buy and did i do ok?
    oh yea, 7.62x39, $59.95 a case[wolf].
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score

Yep, I'd say you did very well. The /26\ is my most accurate and best loved SKS.
    With friends, this is a cool world; without friends, it would be unbearably cold.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

That sounds pretty good. I did see a Chinese for $179 today, but for some reason the rest of them were $250 except the one with a scope.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What is the adverage price on a chinese /26\ in excellent shape with all matching numbers. I picked up one this weekend and have no idea if the price was good or not.
    Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Feedback Score

$250 to $300 is about right.
    With friends, this is a cool world; without friends, it would be unbearably cold.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

there where alot of used prebans and postbans in all kinds of configuations running about $175-250. i seen one romy $180, alot of russians,$300-375. one NIB, KBI russian$400. this place is smaller than a basketball court. Winston-Salem is next week.
    i guess i'll go back and buy ammo this time $59.95-1000.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.