Well known person on the boards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well known person on the boards

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Question Well known person on the boards

I just don't know what to do. I ordered something from someone that is well known on the boards and I have never heard anything derogatory about his business practices. I sent him a MO, not a postal one because I didn't think I needed to. He claimed he never got it, he told me he would attempt to confirm receipt of my MO but has not answered my IM's. I talked to the issuer of the MO and they said it had been cashed 9 days after I bought it. I was going to cancel it, but now it's too late. I understand that people get busy and can't sometimes do what they say they can or will. I want to post names and the like but I really want him to get back with me. I can order a copy of the endorcement for $10....maybe he just plain forgot me? But shit I make it a priority to take care of my internet gun board deals, I say I will buy, I send money, if I have it for sale, I describe it as accurately as possible and deliver as quickly as I can.....period!
    Even if I get a copy if the endorcement, who is to say he will fess up, again maybe I fell thru the cracks, and all he needs is a reminder, what about the $10 endorcement charges, do I ask him for that, I think so. What's right is right. This kind of shit pisses me off....
    This guy is well known, if he weren't I would have posted it on every board I am registered with, which I think is all of them.....(I want to be on)

What to do? What would you do?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I would implore that person to double check his stuff and let him know you are not trying to screw him. Be very polite and business like and I guess you need to eat the cost of the endorsement to prove it. That would be the cost of doing business on the net. Maybe he got you confused with another buyer.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

How long has it been since you sent him the IM's?
    Did you try to IM him through more than one board?
    Have you tried email?
    Snail mail to the addy you sent the MO to?
    Does he have a lot of positive feedback on the various boards? any negatives?

I'm trying to give whoever it is the benifit of the doubt since you say he is well known, but some more info would be helpful.

If he is a member here, you can PM me some details, and I will try to help.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

But he won't answer my IM's....I guess a few more days and wait, what's a few days when I have waited over a month.

Feedback Score

Can you check with the money order company to see who cashed it...maybe it wasn't him. Mail could have been stolen, who knows, make sure before you imply someone is being negligent.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_m4
    But he won't answer my IM's....I guess a few more days and wait, what's a few days when I have waited over a month.
    IM me or 7.62x39 and we'll try to help. It might even be someone we know and I do know that one person has caused a small issue lately.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How much money are we talking about?

If it is over $50 then I would pay the $10 to get a copy of the money order with signature, it will also have the ID # of the person that cashed it.
    Then scan it in and send it to him.

Then when the person says He/she f_cked up then you tell them to include the $10 fee
    If you can CONFIRM that the person is receiving your PM's or Emails AND they are not responding then BLAST away.

If the person is on Gunsnet, it may be possible that their PM's no longer function if they are a non-contributor (don't know how long ago the deal was done)

I have done MANY deals and would never screw anyone on purpose.
    BUT it could happen that someone slips through the cracks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I asked the MO issuer if they could tell me where it was cashed, they said NO.
    Again I am not saying this guy is trying to screw me, it may very well be an error, thats why I am not mentioning names yet. It could be that I did fall thru the cracks like I said. You all would know immediately if I said what the item was, he is that well known.
    I am and have been giving the benefit of the doubt, possibly it was stolen, possibly he just got mixed up, possibly a UFO took him away to do nasty things to him, everyone is human and can make an error.
    I will search the thread over there and see if any other "problems" are occuring..
    it's almost a $100 and the worse part is I didn't even need the item, I just wanted to have one........thanks for the replies, I always want some other thoughts because sometimes "green" clouds my vision...
    I "think" he is a contributor there, I will check that too, but I am sure I got a PM since they changed it over there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

spend the $10 and get a "cashed" copy.
    Then contact the "other guy"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I know that I don't cash MO's or do PayPal transfers until I "KNOW" that the person got what they ordered. It prevents a lot of problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.