My latest experience with ORF
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest experience with ORF

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default My latest experience with ORF

Around 2 months ago, I purchased 2 yugo kits from Ohio Rapid Fire. One was the full size .223 kit and the other was the .223 krink kit. Here is a LINK, and here's another LINK. In a nut shell, I wasn't happy with the condition of the kits and sent them back. I got a replacement set and they were even worse. The second set got sent back too. I finally gave up and decided to get a refund. The call tag was provided by ORF for the return which was very nice since it was on their dime.

After sending them back I checked my bank account within a week or two to make sure I got the refund. I wasn't too worried about though. I've never had any problems getting a refund. In the last two months I've since temporarily moved to Houston and haven't had time for building or buying guns or gun forums. I've been very busy with a new job and high learning curve. Today I remembered that I had never gone back to check to see if the refund got posted to my CC. I check for the credit and couldn't find it. Called ORF and they were almost certain that they had sent it, but said they would get back with me after going through all of their credit card receipts.

I get a call back within an hour or so from Kelly, I think, indicating that the credit for $1500 had never been given. She said she would go ahead and credit it back to my account though. I expressed serious concern over the situation and wondered how something like this could've happened. In short, I was given a short apology with no explanation.

Behavior from companies like this alarms me to say the least. I am very dissapointed! What kind of accounting systems do companies like this use now a days? Do small businesses balance their books and compare them to inventory? Regardless, dont rely on any company to remember to credit your refunds.
    member 143

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

As Reagan was fond of saying "Trust but verify"

BTW - Welcome to Houston !!

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'm sorry you had "not so great" dealings with ORF, I have dealt with them MANY times and have had nothing but the best, out of their service and their products.

Not refunding your money is unacceptable and I'm sure it was purely a mistake. I'll do bussiness with them again, they've had some great deals here lately.

It's up to you, but if you ever decide to give them another chance, I'm sure they'd go out of their way to make you happy.

BTW.....good luck with your new job!!

Feedback Score

Everybody has made mistakes keep that in mind, if you did not get a refund after calling in a second time then that would be a problem.

Feedback Score

I used to use ORF and never had a problem.But since he moved to larger quarters he has gone downhill. He has never not eventually did something but it can take over a year to get things done. I should note that this was with having custom work done and my freind had a gun a built by him that he is waiting over a year to get it repaired after it was sent back. As far as his retail is I have never had a problem him.

Feedback Score
    3 (80%)

It got handled, albeit later than you would have liked. My personal dealings with ORF have been +1 positive, products as described. BTW, when is everyone going to realize that Yugo kits generally are pieces of shit. This has been going on now for over a year. I've gotten 4 from different vendors and none are any better grade that beat to hell. The only good one I've personally seen was a 90 series Centerfire systems was selling at Knob Creek. Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting tired of hearing about Yugo quality issues.

Lurking Troll Camper UrbanCountryBumpkin's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I like ORF's products and have been very pleased with kits received. My only gripe was when I ordered two .223 yugo kits at the original $599 price. The day after I sent out the check, the price dropped to $450, thus leaving me out by $298. I called ORF and they said they'd throw in another Bulgy kit and I was pleased. However, no extra Bulgy kit was included. Wife just had a baby and he has to leave town for a month right after they arrived and I never got around to straightening it out. Like I said, the kits I have received have been TOP NOTCH.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanCountryBumpkin
    I like ORF's products and have been very pleased with kits received. My only gripe was when I ordered two .223 yugo kits at the original $599 price. The day after I sent out the check, the price dropped to $450, thus leaving me out by $298. I called ORF and they said they'd throw in another Bulgy kit and I was pleased. However, no extra Bulgy kit was included. Wife just had a baby and he has to leave town for a month right after they arrived and I never got around to straightening it out. Like I said, the kits I have received have been TOP NOTCH.
    I know the feeling.This isn't my first purchase with ORF. In fact, I've spent quite a bit of money with them buying in bulk purchases. Things have gotten "forgotten" in some of my dealings with ORF. About a year ago I placed a large order with them. After receiving the order, I noticed that the lower handguards on 3 bulgarian wood kits were cracked pretty bad. One kit was missing the entire bag that has the bolt, bolt carrier, top cover, and the small bag with trigger group, trigger guard, springs, pistol grip, etc. The only thing in the box was the front end of the kit with the barrel, front trunnion, wood, f.h., etc. I called them and talked to them about the problem. Bob told me that he would pull the parts and send them to me. Weeks passed and I never got anything. Eventually I got his direct number. I called Bob and spoke with him more than 4 times. I never got these parts. After a point in time, you just accept that your're not going to get them. And with an order as large as I received, you dont just send back the kits.

I dont think they maliciously make these mistakes. But they do happen. Companies expand, but they still need to make good on their committments. I think ORF is a good company. They have a huge customer base with lots of happy customers. Sometimes they are the only game in town with some of the more collectable kits even if their prices are excessive. I havent marked the completely off my list. If they have something that the other companies don't, I still may buy from them.
    member 143

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have had 50% luck with them so far in dealings. I know there shipping and handling sucks big time. It seems when I get my orders from them, they have skimped on packing material and I end up with boxes that have parts moving around inside and packaging tape all over the box holding it together. The kits I have gotten are always in the condition as posted, but the accessories that go with the kits are sometimes new, sometimes rotten trash. Luck of the draw, or what?
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score

Although ORF is not perfect, I think that they're above par. I've ordered a large number of kits from them. In three cases, accessories were not as described or missing. I think that they probably have someone packing their kits who doesn't pay as much attention as he should. Each time I called and they made it right at their expense which is what they should do. I'll continue to buy from them. If something is not right, I won't hesitate to return it.

In regard to them missing a $1,500 credit, those kind of things surprise me, but they do happen in all sorts of businesses. The company that I work for has over 1,000 different customers that are businesses. Just like individual people, these business range from having their financial act completely together to being completely disorganized. I'd think that the ones that are completely disorganized would go out of business, but most of them don't. We frequently have to tell them how much they owe us and they just take our word for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.