Ameetec Arms?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ameetec Arms?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs down Ameetec Arms?

I know this isn't a company that deals with AK's, but I figured I'd ask the question anyways. If this isn't in the right section, please feel free to move it.

Back in the first week of October, I purchased 2 Ameetec stripped AR-15 lowers and a Bushmaster lower from Warren at Ameetec Arms over on AR15.com. Funds were immediately sent via Paypal. I called about 3 weeks later to check on the order and was assured that it would go out and the normal turn around time was 1-2 weeks. About a week later, I called again, and was told that the BM lowers were on back order but should be in within a week or so along with the Ameetec lowers that were now out of stock!!?? So, I added another BM lower to my order at that time. ...To make a long story short, it is December 1, 2004, and I am still waiting on the BM lowers and the Ameetec lowers. I haven't received any of them. I later found out that my Ameetec lowers weren't sent out(during the first month, when they were in stock), because they try to keep the orders together and have all the lowers shipped out together. The word on the BM lowers (the first call) was the beginning of November. Then it was a couple weeks later, and a couple weeks later.

I'm getting impatient! Is it just me? This company has gotten (overall) rave reviews from customers. There have been a few that have complained about this operation for various reasons, though. I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to be one of the complaining customers. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is 2 months a short time to wait?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

yosuthnmasa...

I look at things in black and white. Good or bad, right or wrong, you either have the part or not. I get very pissed when someone will list a product, you order it only to find out it's B/O'ed. If it's not available say so. Companies that jerk customers around eventually suffer the consequences.

I just placed an order with Grizzly Industrial. One of the items went on B/O but they emailed me letting me know and asked if I want to accept the B/O or cancel the item. To me, that is an acceptable practice. Just don't let me hang!

If the company your dealing with is a sole manufacturer and you want their product, your pretty much stuck with their terms. If not and they jerk me around, I go somewhere else. Even if it cost me a little more. JMO

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I knew up front that the BM lowers werent in house at the time. But, from the explanation I feel like I was led to believe they would be in soon. On the other hand, the Ameetec Lowers were in stock at the time I ordered. But, based on the fact that he tries to keep the orders together, I missed out on that batch and am now waiting on another....as far as I know this is what is going on.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

If nothing else they should have informed you on what they were doing. This gives you the option to decide on whether to kept the order with them or try somewhere else.

Poor buiness practice as far as I'm concerned.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

TK, I sent a PM a couple of days ago after posting in the EE on AR15 and not getting a responce. Basically, I asked again to have their lowers sent out before my Bushmaster lowers were sent out. He replied and said he would. So, it sounds like I will at least get 2 of the receivers before Christmas. Who knows about the BM lowers though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

yeah since the ban there has been a huge rush on AR receivers.
    I am gonna TRY to get some RRA for a SBR project I am working on.

Feedback Score

sounds like the runaround I got when I ordered some receivers from Globaltrades. I waited about 2 months, then cancelled. 10 minutes after I cancelled, they found some that they could ship next day. No good. Not for me. Good company to deal with for most, but I guess the "lucky ones" like us can jump in the roses and come out all shitty. Cancel, tell them you'll get them elsewhere, and see if they don't "find" some to ship out....
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score

If you guys are looking for AR receivers, try Stag receivers, Eagle firearms sells them for a good price. Stag lowers are made by the same company, on the same tooling and with the same QC as the Rock River receivers. I bought 3 for $80 a piece and theyr'e really nice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up 3rdpig. Are they the ones with a dear head or antlers on the side of the receiver? If so, this was my only real turn off with the receivers. Sure wisht they could've chosen a different logo. Most don't care, though. These will be my first builds...the Bushmasters that is. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Ameetec lowers. One will be a pistol, or put in the safe.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    Thanks for the heads up 3rdpig. Are they the ones with a dear head or antlers on the side of the receiver? If so, this was my only real turn off with the receivers. Sure wisht they could've chosen a different logo. Most don't care, though. These will be my first builds...the Bushmasters that is. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Ameetec lowers. One will be a pistol, or put in the safe.
    Yep, the Stag receivers have the buck head with antlers. I actually think it's pretty nice looking. Personally I wouldn't let the logo on the receiver affect my choice, but if it's a big deal to you then there are several other budget receivers on the market, LAR Grizzly receivers have the bears head, Mega receivers have the atom thingie and these are both good receivers. Bushmaster and RRA receivers are only $15 or $20 a piece higher than the Stag receivers, it's just finding them that's the problem.

The Cav Arms receivers are nice too and can be gotten in colors, but you're stuck with an A1 length fixed stock and of course they're a polymer receiver. They make a nice rifle though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.