Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciener - RIP OFF - Conversion Kit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I've had one on backorder at Brownells for quite some time. Got an email from them yesterday telling me that they are dropping Ciener because they can't get reliable supply from him. They are going to be carrying a different unit starting in a month (CMMG?) and it will take the same Black Dog mags.

Feedback Score

A co worker bought a ciener conversion that did not work correctly and he was having trouble getting them to fix the problem. I changed jobs so i don't know how it worked out. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Sorry you seem to have been ripped off.

Feedback Score

I ordered my AK conversion from Ciener in July08 and here it is Jan 09 nothing here yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by plowboy View Post
    I ordered my AK conversion from Ciener in July08 and here it is Jan 09 nothing here yet.
    Well it does say 120 or more day wait... I guess this is more. Dude, that sucks! What a rip-off. At least you could find out a status or get offered a refund.

Mark

Feedback Score

If you have paid already but received no product, demand a refund. By federal law, he has 30 days to refund the money. if you don't get it by the 31st day, file complaint with the feds. they have hugh penalties for not refunding on time.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Brownells now sells the CMMG .22 conversion for the AR. CMMG AR-15/M16 .22 LR CONVERSION KIT at Brownells
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

time for a "nastygram". be sure that you keep all current and previous communications sent to and from the vendor. also mail a letter or two post office receipt secured, so that you can see that it went certified mail.
    i hope that you come out on the positive end in this situation

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

why does anyone even consider buying from ciener? He has a LOOOOOOOOOOONG track record of saying "FU" to his customers and thumbing his nose to everyone that buys from him and the kit doesn't even work. Screw him.

this is the ONLY gun company that you will hear me bad mouth. Experience is painful

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceiner probably has his AK conversion patented, so unless someone comes up with a completely different way of doing it they will probably run into patent issues.

OTOH, making a dedicated .22lr AK from spare parts should be possible. An old corroded shot out Yugo front end could be sleeved with a .22 bbl liner for a bbl, from there it's simply a matter of stuffing a bolt and recoil spring from an existing .22 in there. The Remington 590 comes to mind as it rides on two rods (copied from the M3 Greasegun) that could be adapted to the AK receiver without major mods. You could even make a drop in "box" to hold the rods and bolt, removed and installed as a unit. IIRC, a 10/22 hicap mag fits within the width of the AK receiver.......

Even a cut bbl kit would be ideal, just use a rod down the bore to align the bbl pieces and weld or braze them back together. Rifling alignment doesn't matter as it is getting the .22 liner anyway.
    i KEEP ASKING WHY NO ONE ELSE MAKES A KIT FOR THE AK. i WONDER HOW LONG HIS PATENT IS GOOD FOR?? I HAVE WONDERD ABOUT PRODUCING THEM ECT. iLL HAVE TO FIND A 590REMINGTON BOLT TO LOOK AT. i WANT A 17 HMR AND BUILDING A 22 WOULD BE GOOD PRACTICE. WITH AMMO PRICES AND EVERYONE BUYING AK,S THERE HAS GOT TO BE ONE HELL OF A DEMAND FOR THESE.

Feedback Score

or just buy a wasr 22

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.