Gunco Forums banner

Ciener - RIP OFF - Conversion Kit

18K views 73 replies 40 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
I placed an order for one AK47 7.62x39 conversion kit in early December 2007. My checked cleared my bank on Dec. 17, 2007. I’ve not yet received the conversion kit. I’ve have been very patient. Their web site indicated 30 to 120 day delivery time frame -- the 120 days have passed long ago!! I’ve tried to call their office, I've sent emails, certified smail to their office. But no response! Their customer service seems to be lacking!! -- JIM

#5 ·
Call the local police department and see if they are aware of this business?
That's what I'd do....
Also in the future, pay with credit because you can dispute it later with the ccard company or your bank and they will have to provide proof that they delivered to keep the money.(if they are still in business)
Good luck

#6 ·
NOT GOOD, I just visited them and the website, at the bottom, clicked on 3 or 4 different links to "warranty info" product Q's etc, NONE OF THE PAGE WERE FOUND.
the kicker was that when I visited the "check on an existing order"
they wanted the customer to pay $10 to reaserch it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
WTF

#7 ·
I havent heard any good about this guy ever. or I would have bought one by now. It seems that some one alse would jump in on the band wagon with ammo prices climbing, an sell a decent conversion that works and is avaliable. Id keep hammering on him and threaten legal action. stay calm no matter what you do.

#8 ·
I am sorry, I rarely will comment negatively on a business or a person.

BUT JOHN CIENER, in my opinion, IS A CROOK. I bought a m-16 conversion kit for a department weapon (so we would have enough kits for a team) and the magazine NEVER worked. NEVER. NEVER.
I thought a quick call would fix the problem. WRONG When I finally got a guy on the line who said he was CIENER, he told me I didn't know how to load the mag.
Thats right I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO LOAD A MAG!

I asked for a replacement and he TOLD ME. "Its not my problem, you bought it"

let me repeat, He told me, "Its not my problem, you bought it"

Oh, I could buy another mag from him (full price) but he doubted it would help someone like me. WTF did that mean?

I sold the kit off to a buyer who was FULLY aware of the problems, he found the mag body was deformed inside about 7 rounds down.

Buy from CIENER at your own (considerable) risk.

I am sorry he has gotten you too. If it is any comfort we, the masses he has ripped off, welcome you with open arms.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear of this Jim, hope it works out.

I've heard nothing but bad things about his customer service, your better off buying from a vendor that carries his product, you'd get a hell of a lot better service.

Also I've seen and got to mess with one of his AK conversions, you'd be better off getting a WASR22.

#11 ·
Check cleared. U.S. postal service. Interstate fraud. "Federal Offense"
FELONY. Call the Feds. The ATF has signs in every Gun shop asking to report problems and for us Legal gun owners to help them.
Once the Feds are on his ass he probably won't be able to sell daisey B.B. guns at the flea market. Good Luck.

#13 ·
I was seriously considering getting a Ciener AK47 7.62x39 conversion kit but now I'll reconsider after reading the above posts, Guns & Ammo claims there great people with
a good product. I have a AR 15 conversion kit which I really like to shoot 22"s in but it's
an Army conversion kit. With the costs of ammo going nothing but sky high, a 22 brick looks
better all the time for practice
Xfrog

#15 ·
midwayusa sells a few different brand.22 conversion kits for the 1911 MidwayUSA - Search Results

as for the ak kit - it seems JAC is the only game in town. Seeing spikes tactical makes one for the AR, maybe if there was enough interest they could make one for the AK (I know probably wishful thinking on my part). Also if there was a more popular .22 conversion for the ak maybe BDM could be talked into making .22 AK mags (the .22 AR mags they make are awesome) (I know probably even more wishful thinking).

#16 ·
Ceiner probably has his AK conversion patented, so unless someone comes up with a completely different way of doing it they will probably run into patent issues.

OTOH, making a dedicated .22lr AK from spare parts should be possible. An old corroded shot out Yugo front end could be sleeved with a .22 bbl liner for a bbl, from there it's simply a matter of stuffing a bolt and recoil spring from an existing .22 in there. The Remington 590 comes to mind as it rides on two rods (copied from the M3 Greasegun) that could be adapted to the AK receiver without major mods. You could even make a drop in "box" to hold the rods and bolt, removed and installed as a unit. IIRC, a 10/22 hicap mag fits within the width of the AK receiver.......

Even a cut bbl kit would be ideal, just use a rod down the bore to align the bbl pieces and weld or braze them back together. Rifling alignment doesn't matter as it is getting the .22 liner anyway.

#17 ·
Great idea Kernel, now to get some one to build one so we can copy it!!!!!!!!! I wonder how
a 5.45x39 with a chamber insert would do? A few Ruger parts and presto. I love it, my Ak74 will be a whole new gun.:headspin::hyper::notworthy
Xfrog

#18 ·
I have a rebuilt east german MPi 69 22 cal training rifle which I bought a long time back that said

a 5.45 barrel with chamber insert may work, mags are available for $25 its the bolt you need I have seen them for sale, everyonce and awhile. I used a bent metal blank and drilled the holes no internal rail is needed, a plate is in place to support the mag. I took out the f/a sear and assembled. since I can not get complaint parts I strip it down to parts after each use, it is held together with long electrical nuts and bolts, instead of rivets

sprat

#21 ·
I've had one on backorder at Brownells for quite some time. Got an email from them yesterday telling me that they are dropping Ciener because they can't get reliable supply from him. They are going to be carrying a different unit starting in a month (CMMG?) and it will take the same Black Dog mags.

#26 ·
#27 ·
time for a "nastygram". be sure that you keep all current and previous communications sent to and from the vendor. also mail a letter or two post office receipt secured, so that you can see that it went certified mail.
i hope that you come out on the positive end in this situation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.