Gunco Forums banner

Who is the genius...

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ACMcom 
#1 ·
...who takes the rear sights of the AKs and flips them up before taking the pictures for Centerfiresystems.com?

It isn't on all of them, but it is done on quite a few.

#2 ·
I know I know..

That is Eddy on the loading dock. :headbang: :)
Recent conversation went something like this. My buddy had just bought that trigger group combo with rear disconect for 10 bucks.
"Yes maam I am calling on this trigger combo my buddy just bought. They don't work together. The rear disconect requires the sleeve pin, the trigger mech. does not. They are not compatable."
"Sorry sir let me give you Eddy on the dock."
Eddy on the dock- "Hey let me tell you something. It's hot as hell down here see. I got boxes of this crap laying around see. I reach in and grab the stuff there see. Then you get what you get see."
But but Eddy they don't.... "Hey did I tell you how damn hot it is down on this damn....." I hung up.
That is Eddy. Eddy the dock. Don't mess with Eddy. :nono: :loopeye: :w00t1::)

#4 ·
I don't know but he must have a lot of relatives as I've seen that done to ak, mauser, enfield, and just about every other type of gun with that rear sight at gunshows. I sold a yugo mauser to a buddy of a buddy a while ago and that was one of the first things he did. Of course he also spouted off about how one of my M1 Garands that I had put a brand new (paper still in the barrel held on by the plastic caps) barrel on, was all worn out. I suppose theres idiots everywhere and centerfire must have their share of them too.

#10 ·
Thats It.

So, 4th, I guess I shouldn't order a spare parts trigger group from CF for $9.95? :redchug:

"Parts is parts" I once heard someone say...
Hey you want trouble from Eddie on the dock. :geezer::bangin::lol:
Parts is parts if you got other parts to fit them with. Otherwise there just parts.
I swear to God I was going to make fun with Eddie. But no B.S. this dude sounded like he wanted to drive to my house and choke me.
"Hey whata ya want for 10 bucks? So the crap don't work together. Hey did I tell you how hot it is on the frigging loading dock. Hey you know my uncle tony? Hey where do you.... Goodbye Eddie.

#6 ·
I just ordered from centerfire the week before last and recieved my package this thursday. I had ordered two ak 47 drums minus the followers and the 5 used ak leather slings for $10 and a couple of the chicom sks slings. When I got my order the bill stated that the drums had been discontinued (even though the were still posted for sale) and 3 of the 5 ak slings they sent were missing there hooks makeing them useless. For the following 2 weeks they still had it posted as for sale untill today AUG 25. No prior notice, no email, no call, NOTA.. In the past I have been quiet happy with them but not now. I have emailed them twice and gotten no responce and figure that I am through with them unless they get back in touch to at least replace the useless slings that I wouldnt have bought except the fact I thought that I was purchasing ak 47 drums.

#7 ·
I used to buy from CF all the time until one day I received a letter from B.A.T.F. two years after buying the kit. They wanted some of the parts from a kit I had purchased. The said it had not been demilled properly. The only problem was I had traded it off a year before the letter. the A.T.F. fella was real nice about it though. I also know of someone else who had bought a Ppsh41 kit from C.F.. A.T.F. came to his residence confiscated it because it had not been demilled properly. He wasn't going to let them in at first but changed his mind real quick. That fellow lost his money he had in the kit. Needless to say I do not buy from Cf anymore. The only thing I can tell folks who have bought parts kits from CF is to hope that they don't get a letter, cause those boys don't play.

#8 ·
I expect that I am the exception rather than the rule , but I have always had very good service from both Louis and Pam. I have never had anything but first rate service and a willingness to go the extra mile. And from the sounds of it , I would still like to meet at least Louis in person , minus her husband.

#12 ·
Spent a lot of money in the old days with Centerfire.
Magnus always took care of me also. Name sounds familar anyway.
But hey did I tell you about Eddie on the dock? :)

#13 ·
...who takes the rear sights of the AKs and flips them up before taking the pictures for Centerfiresystems.com?

It isn't on all of them, but it is done on quite a few.
The photographer is from Liberia and served in the rebel militia before he migrated to the US at the end of the most recent civil war.
In Africa, it is well known that raising the rear sight on an AK increases the power of the cartridge. Naturally, everyone wants maximum power, so the sight is always moved to the vertical position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.