Gunco Forums banner

My Military Gun Supply story-so far

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Markp 
#1 ·
Hey all,
On Dec 20 I ordered 2 Yugo underfolder kits from Military Gun Supply. In 10 days I found them on my doorstep waiting for me. 10 days is pretty darn fast lately, doncha think! Well anyway, one kit was missing the bag of small parts (safety, pins, springs, pistol grip etc.) and I had to wait through New Years to call them today. Jeez, its the Friday after New Years day and someone is there to answer the phone! Not only does Brendan answer the phone, but he goes in back and finds my bagoparts! And he says he will ship them to me!
Dont ever tell me they dont know how to keep people happy, two thumbs up!

Wrench 1957

#5 ·
Let me know what and when you get! I think they are on the level, and in my limited experience, doing what they say. I just hope lack of kits doesn't put hhem out of business. Waiting to hear about your kit.
Wrench1957

#6 ·
i had ordered a 1919 side plate, a vz 61 receiver, a skorpion parts kit, and u.s. bbl. i received everything fine, i went and tried to put the damn skorpion together, but the safety selector hole was to big for the original selector, i called MGS and asked them what i was supposed to do about the selector, they said the distributor should have sent a new selector with the receiver. i told him they were the distributor, asked for my name and said one would be sent. a few days later one arived. i've got no qualms with the place

#7 ·
MGS is about the cheapest around for Skorpion parts kits. Wish I had the $400 to complete one, plus the extra $200 to SBR it so I could keep the stock.

#8 ·
the d-technic receivers dont have the dove tail for the stock, nor do they have the meat to cut the dove tail

#11 ·
Yeah, one of my kits did too, but until I shoot it for pattern i'm not giving up on it.
Got an old garand that shoots good but the barrel looks awful, go figure...
wrench1957

#12 ·
Anybody order a Suomi M31 kit from MGS. I ordered one today but haven't paid for it yet. I've read good things here but horror stories on other sites. I'm a little worried that my kit maybe torched to hell or missing hard to get small parts. Any feedback to ease my worried mind. I'm a poor man and can't afford to buy 5 kits to build 1 gun.

#14 ·
I know about the ruination of these prized relics but I was conserned with MSG's rep. Whether or not they sell real junk or something I can work with, since I've never dealt with them before. I've heard mostly good experiences from this site and I trust you guys so I'll take the plunge. I give most a second chance anyway stuff happens and I understand that. Thanks!

#16 ·
First Time Experience with MGS

Hi,
Just made my first purchase from MGS. 6 Polish made pps 43 mags for my Prexis P-7 build. I ordered them on Wenesday and got them Priority Mail delivered to my door before 12 noon today. All the mags look great no signs of rust, just typical finish wear on a couple, and at least 4 that appear to be brand new. Sorry to hear that others have been having troubles, as for me I will not hessitate to order from MGS again.
Just my 2 cents worth on a first impression.
will6970:gunsmilie

#17 ·
Well I looked at my Suomi kit a little closer. Besides the broken stock which I am confident they will replace, not much is good along with missing parts. Both front and rear fillers are junk and barrel is almost smooth inside. I really don't like to complain BUT! Guess I'm on my way to buying 5 kits to build one gun like I said before. I will give MGS a second chance though everyone deserves that!

#20 ·
On the other hand, my MGS PPSh-41 was phenomenal! Barrel cleaned up bright and shiny with good groves, drums are nice, mags are nice. I will see my 43 kit from SG and my Kp44 kit from MGS next week. The wife said the Kp44 was dirty but the parts looked good. We'll see.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.