Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Model1sales

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    While we're on the subject. I'm building an M-4 clone. All I really needed was an upper receiver, bolt carrier and barrel. The barrel is $200, an upper receiver is $135 and the bolt carrier is $125 for a total of $460.

For $465 I could get a complete upper. This would give me a M-4 hand guard, charging handle, Delta ring, gas system for only $5 more. So I'm thinking that's the way to go.

But wait a minute. For $510 I can get a complete kit. this would give me a lower parts kit, collapsible stock, PG and buffer assembly for only $45 more, Hell the LPK alone is worth more than that.
    Bottom line is that for $50 more than the price of just the barrel, upper and BC, I got a complete kit. It just doesn't make sense to buy it any other way.
    Sure, I ended up with a lot of extra stuff that I don't need right now, but it's worth way more than the extra $50, it cost Me. I just couldn't pass it up.
    They have great prices, especially given the market conditions, BUT, they are horrendously slow (or backed up). My upper should be here today, and I ordered it on December 4. So it took them 7,257,600 seconds to get my order here, most of that time was the delay. I understand that they were swamped, but waiting 7 million seconds or more seems a little ridiculous.

84 days from order to fulfillment.

Mark

PS - I am pleased with the product.
    Last edited by Markp; 02-25-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    ... I am pleased with the product.
    Some folks like to slam Model-1, but they've always done right by Me. As I mentioned above, this is the 6th upper or kit I've bought from them, the other 5 have all performed without a hic-up.
    I've built them on Olympic, Bushmaster and Stag lowers, all went together without a hitch.
    The only thing that was even close to a problem was that one kit was missing the PG screw. I called them and I had it in my hands two days later.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Model-1 is one of the best tables/dealers at the Tulsa Wannemacher gun shows. I have never had a problem with anything I have bought from them.
    "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
    Therefore, whoever wishes for peace, let him prepare for war.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i just got my 7.62x39 bolt from m1 sales.

i ordered it april 6th it arrived today may7th. so it took a month to get the order filled and shipped usps. not bad at all considering i have had bolts on back order everywhere for months and months.-- and the price was reasonable shipping was reasonable. the bolt looks good. when my del-ton barrel finally comes in--i'll see if it is proper head-spaced. i think it will be GTG from what i can see so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I just ordered a lower parts kit from them 3 weeks ago, got the kit in the mail a week ago Mon. That's not too bad for shipping in a rush.

Originally Posted by Honest1
    R they ok to deal with?
    They come to just about all large gun shows, so they won't be hard to find if you have a problem with them. I'd say that makes them OK to deal with.

Feedback Score

model1's turnabout time is pretty good

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by noobert View Post
    model1's turnabout time is pretty good
    Sounds like they are picking up speed... Gonna need to pay down my CC before the other stuff hits it.

Mark

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The big problem for almost everyone is barrels and uppers. Some vendors are backlogged 6+ months one complete uppers.

-yarro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

first time on their sight in a month--it looks like they may have barrels in stock. they have added 6.5 and 5.45x39. they also have some new higher prices-

-be aware their 6.5g has the same head space as a 7.62x39 standard. an AA bolt or barrel likely won't space correctly with the 7.62x39 or other brands of 6.5s barrels/bolts. i measured my 6.5 aa bolt against my colt and m1sales 7.62's and AA's face is cut much deeper.

$220 for a 5.45x39 barrel and $70 for the bolt. i think 6.5 is about the same.

i was hoping for $160 for the barrel and $60 for the bolt-- ah the good old days-- i might talk myself into building a 5.45 then--lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.