Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ELK RIVER TOOL AND DIE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Postak ELK RIVER TOOL AND DIE

Had this co. build a Krinko pistol for me. Charged 650.00 for the service. Had to send it back. headspacing was dangerously wrong. Bolt carriier was damaged at the charging handle. Looked like a hammer and chisel was used to get the bolt to move rearward because it was siezed. Dents on the reciever, no spring in the gas tube retainer pin, sling swivel not installed, damage to the wood due to extemely poor shiiping prep. Keith the lead and only gunsmith there told me he did not build it. The persone who did was fired, headspacing was way off. A week later after the owner got back in town then I was told the headspacing was perfect. But they would replace the bolt carrier due to the chisel damage. When I got the pistol back there was more damage of the wood due to reallly poor packaging. I had to completely refinish it again. The bolt carririer was not replaced but only filed and sanded. Elk River replaced the reciever, don't know if the barrel was replaced, they replaced the front trunion due to the fact that the barrel hole was hogged out so badly via a drill press being used rather than a mill. This company cannot be trusted the are butchers. I have a 1300.00 pistol that I hate. Thanks so much for the lousy job you jerks did for me. You lied to me, insulted me, damaged my virgin pistol kit. Hector is the owner of this co. I hope that you and yours go belly up. YOU deserve it. I felt lucky just to get my pistol back albeit not what I expected or paid for. BEWARE BEWARE of this poorly run co. They don't return email at all. Keith told me that they are working on the problem. Hey Keith, the ship has sunken already, nothing left to save!!!

I love freakin pineapples eec4tuner's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experiance. I would have went to redstick.
    Sitting on a rock in the middle of the Pacific ocean..

Assault Rifle Collector American-47's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default Armory USA?

Isn't Elk River part of the old Armory USA?

If so , what the hell happened? My sympathies jmon1490 I hope there is away to salvage your pistol.

Good Luck - American-47

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sorry to hear about that. I have been down that road and it is frustrating to say the least. I have known Hector for a while now and thought he would run his ship tighter after he got screwed over by the infamous Informer AKA Gary Gucciano from Kansas as I did too.

If you're looking for a good AK smith in the Texas area, I would recommend South Texas Armory. Andy is a good guy to work with and started this company when Arsenal USA changed over and him and some other smiths left. He did a Romy G build for me that was top notch. I have a Russian PLO AKM kit with him now and wouldn't trust that kit to anyone except him since I seen his work first hand. His turnaround time is about a month. Prices are reasonable even with this panic mode we're seeing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by American-47 View Post
    Isn't Elk River part of the old Armory USA?

If so , what the hell happened?
    Elk River is not any part of Armory USA.

The assets of Armory USA were sold to ERT&D.

How ERT&D operates those assets is coming to light (this is not the first complaint I've heard).

Armory USA no longer exists.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up That is Correct

Hi Nalioth,
    Elk River Tool and Die was formerly Global Trades Inc. The receivers that they sold were marked Armory USA.
    will6970

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIANCE. WHEN YOU REFER TO THE BARREL HOLE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BARREL PIN HOLE I ASSUME?? NOT SURE WHY A MILL IS REQUIRED ON A VIRGIN KIT?? A DRILL PRESS SHOULD BE OK IF DONE CORRECTLY. IT DOES SOUND LIKE THERE WAS SOME SERIUOS MISHANDELING OF YOUR PARTS. DID YOU CHECK HEAD SPACE YOURSELF?? IF THEY HAD TO RESET HEAD SPACE THEN THE BARREL PIN WOULD LIKELY BE OVER SIZE TO REUSE THE BARREL. PLEASE POST SOME PICTURE SO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT YOU GOT.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by will6970 View Post
    Hi Nalioth,
    Elk River Tool and Die was formerly Global Trades Inc. The receivers that they sold were marked Armory USA.
    will6970
    No, ERT&D owns the assets of the former Armory USA.

Someone else purchased the rights to the name "Global Trades".

Armory USA was the manufacturing side of the house.

Global Trades was the parts side of the house.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up Ahh....

Hi Nalioth,
    Thanks, that is right. It was always a little confusing when I called to place an order for receivers as the invoices that I got always said Global Trades. Thanks for the info.
    will6970

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Geez, sorry to hear that. It gripes the hell out of me to pay top dollar for some work and they send in the Samsonite Gorilla to do the work.

Andre' (Andy) Varen is top notch. He managed the manufacturing area for GT.

Problem with the old Global Trades is that they would hire any bone headed kid they found off the street to build rifles for them. Looks like ERT&D is doing the same

Did I do that?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.