Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: ELK RIVER tool not a good company

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bohnscot View Post
    i see you over there to, although not as prolific as here. but you know what i speak is true
    I'd have to say that the knowledge base and goals are somewhat different. I frequent the AK Forums for intimate knowledge of just what constitutes a particular AK model, and Gunco for actual build knowledge.

I post here more because I'm privileged to be in the company of some really talented individuals in regards to the "how" of building a firearm, and the AK Forum because I'm privileged to be in the company of some who are dedicated to researching the configuration(s) of the AK.

As far as personal conflicts go, I've seen them on both sites. Moderation styles and what constitutes "proper" member behavior are different, but both sites are what I consider a comfortable place to "be."
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    As far as personal conflicts go, I've seen them on both sites. Moderation styles and what constitutes "proper" member behavior are different, but both sites are what I consider a comfortable place to "be."
    ditto

Feedback Score

TR

Thanks for your info on Cody Baker. I currently have him working on a VZ-58 for me and am encouraged by your praise.

I will be receiving the build sometime in the week or so according to Cody and will report back on the workmanship.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
    TR

Thanks for your info on Cody Baker. I currently have him working on a VZ-58 for me and am encouraged by your praise.

I will be receiving the build sometime in the week or so according to Cody and will report back on the workmanship.
    Deadwood, I saw your VZ-58 build at the shop today while I was picking up my Tantal.....

It was a "work in progress", but I think you will be very pleased with the rifle.

Oh, and the workmanship on my Tantal? Fit and finish, excellent. Everything was there, everything works fine, and I even got to test fire the rifle myself....

Works flawlessly, just like all my other Elk River / Cody Baker builds.

TR Graham
    The Glocksmith

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    I don't know a lot of things about human nature but I will say that some people have a tendency to overreact.

I am "visiting" my very beautiful wife and children in Montana who I miss everyday while I'm in Houston.

2 Dogs, you may need to slow down and regroup. You don't charge into my shop and go directly in my assembly area that is for employees only and stand over them like you sign the checks (yesterday). If you have a problem you start with the front office and then someone will come and address your circumstance. I shouldn't have to explain this as if your are a child.

Elk River is a 10K sq. ft. facility, rather small and I happen to be 6'1" and 195 lbs, I'm not tiny but if I wish to "haunt" this place I have the lease agreement to do so. Who are you to judge me or my office anyhow?? My office is not how you described, I just guess you need more to complain about and make your post longer.

You brought a parts set in to be assembled on an NDS3 receiver, it was assembled and test fired 5rnds then parked (Before I go on we park M4 barrels for the military as well as rifles for very well known vendors with no problems). You brought the rifle back yesterday and it was test fired again with you standing right there using your mag (that fit tighter than ours) and they found out that the ejector was not long enough to eject the casing. Yes, it is the receiver not the workmanship.

I know you are upset but I notice you didn't post this info yesterday. You can make up excuses as to why but you sure jumped at the chance to ridicule without talking to anyone first.

The Tapco handgaurd is just that.

As always we stand behind all work performed and yes it is possible to make a sows ear into a purse.
    First off I didn't charge into anyplace when I returned my rifle to get it repaired. You front office lady was on the bridge in the parking lot and she instructed me to go left and hollar for Cody. Get your facts straight.
    I didn't ridicule, I reported exactly what took place.
    I was sold the Tapco handguard at your facility. If it was crap as you say why was it sold to me?
    Now that it is installed on the weapon properly it is fine. Poor workman ship.
    There is nothing the matter with NDS-3 receivers either. It was more more of your poor workmanship.
    You know if you hung around your business a liitle more you might know what is going on.
    You certainly won't do anymore of my builds. And I will pass on the handjob you are offering me as referenced in your cute little cartoon character. I'm not into homosexual acts thank you.
    Posting something like that in a reply to a customer just shows what your metal is made of.
    Don't worry I'll tell all my friends and associates about you.
    On A Quest For Perfect Political Incorrectness.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs View Post
    First off I didn't charge into anyplace when I returned my rifle to get it repaired. You front office lady was on the bridge in the parking lot and she instructed me to go left and hollar for Cody. Get your facts straight.
    I didn't ridicule, I reported exactly what took place.
    I was sold the Tapco handguard at your facility. If it was crap as you say why was it sold to me?
    Now that it is installed on the weapon properly it is fine. Poor workman ship.
    There is nothing the matter with NDS-3 receivers either. It was more more of your poor workmanship.
    You know if you hung around your business a liitle more you might know what is going on.
    You certainly won't do anymore of my builds. And I will pass on the handjob you are offering me as referenced in your cute little cartoon character. I'm not into homosexual acts thank you.
    Posting something like that in a reply to a customer just shows what your metal is made of.
    Don't worry I'll tell all my friends and associates about you.
    wow.... With your attitude, you actually HAVE friends?

You know, quite often you GET what you GIVE. I have never been treated with anything but respect and courtesy by Hector or anyone else at Elk River.

As 'ol Bugs Bunny used to say, (before he became politically incorrect) "What a marroon..."

PS - Hector, just got back from the range. Cody's Tantal build performed flawlessly! I know I'LL be using you again...

TR Graham
    The Glocksmith
    Last edited by TR Graham; 05-23-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2Dogs
    Gunco Member if you research your emoticons you will see that is a thumbs up not a hand job in confederates post. that chip must get heavy after a while. if you read this thread from the very begining. you can see hector seems like a reasonable guy. but when you emit hostility you will receive it also, its human nature .just lighten up and converse and learn from the members here. it is an imperfect world and everyone deserves a second chance

Feedback Score

Talking

WOW, not even a mention of the rifles funtion!

Sir, I will be very happy that you don't return.

Again you ridicule without obviously knowing anything about business or the NDS3 "economy receiver".

Oh yeah, if your life depends on it why a NDS3 "economy receiver"?

What does it matter if you see me.....well you may have wanted a picture and an autograph so I do understand your disappointment.

Enjoy your rifle!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    WOW, not even a mention of the rifles funtion!

Sir, I will be very happy that you don't return.

Again you ridicule without obviously knowing anything about business or the NDS3 "economy receiver".

Oh yeah, if your life depends on it why a NDS3 "economy receiver"?

What does it matter if you see me.....well you may have wanted a picture and an autograph so I do understand your disappointment.

Enjoy your rifle!
    I bet you wouldn't be happy if I returned. I doubt you want to honor your warrantee. If you are as big an ass in person as you are on the net I know you wouldn't like it at all.

I was mislead by people in your office. I was given different answers from everyone I talked with, I had no problem until I felt I was being played.
    Anyone with a back bone would have contacted their customer to inquire about the problem. You sir did not do that. Again it shows what your metal is made of.
    I stand by all my statements they are all true and if I thought it do any good I would report the entire story but since there seem to be a lot of your associates and employees that are posting here to defend you and your company's incompetence it would be a waste of my time.
    My time would be better spent making my report and posting it on all the other gun related sites on the web. Maybe a sign for when I go to the range or gun shows "ASK ME ABOUT MY ELK RIVER EXPERIENCE"

Chip on my shoulder, yep, thanks to you I have one now.

And by the way I do sign the checks at Elk River I just signed one for over four hundred dollars. Your customers sign your checks but I guess you just don't realize that.
    On A Quest For Perfect Political Incorrectness.

Feedback Score

Thanks TR for the sit-rep.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.