Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: ELK RIVER tool not a good company

  1. #1
    Gunco Member vladimir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default ELK RIVER tool not a good company

    Buy NDS they are much more honorable to their word

    .Elk river is problematic they alow one person to promise you one thing then the owner comes along and changes it . IF YOUR EMPLOYEE STATES SOMETHING TO A CUSTOMER YOUR BEEFS WITH THEM >BUT YOU SHOULD HONOR WHAT YOUR PAID REPRESENTATIVES SAY (Stephanie) . I explained my problem ,and told Stephanie what I had done to try to repaitr the broken welds myself with my spotwelder since my kit was built when the broken welds on the rail were detected. .She said send it in for an immediate replacement . I did ,i was out of town on buisness and the owner said i was somehow my building or something I did ,grinding the rails .I am sorry but your receivers are too tight and require rails to be trimmed slightly . And that would not heat up spot weld to break .you must think I am a chump . So you said you can repair it .I said screw it (stephanie said replacement ) you said repair . I didnt want a repaired receiver so I ordered another one ,you did knock 25 dollars off . You then stated you would still repair and send back the bad receiver . Then your spotwelder broke . To this day I never received my receiver .It still has my rear trunion attached . For one thing Stephanie promised replacement even though I told her I tried to spotweld it since my money was wound up in the build already and know I had to start from scratch .I have had problems with you not solved to this day . And i let every single person I deal with know that . I am a well known member of many AK sites and an avid builder . Your spot welder fixed yet? Wheres my receiver .For an over 6 month wait you should honor what your company representative said .I was nice to you to buy a second receiver when you didnt honor her word to begin with .now its principles . You should send a new receiver like Stephanie originaly promised period ....I was too good to you and allowed you to slide . Now 6 months late no returned receiver . Or any e mails or anything to say whats going on .I need my rear trunion .bought another at my cost again to finish my build .So your bad spotweld cost me a new receiver minus your 25 dollars and a rear trunion and milling down the trunion to fit a 1.6 receiver . Yeah your a great guy .

  2. #2
    Gunco Regular sgt ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    REPUBLIC OF TEXAS
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
    Buy NDS they are much more honorable to their word

    .Elk river is problematic they alow one person to promise you one thing then the owner comes along and changes it . IF YOUR EMPLOYEE STATES SOMETHING TO A CUSTOMER YOUR BEEFS WITH THEM >BUT YOU SHOULD HONOR WHAT YOUR PAID REPRESENTATIVES SAY (Stephanie) . I explained my problem ,and told Stephanie what I had done to try to repaitr the broken welds myself with my spotwelder since my kit was built when the broken welds on the rail were detected. .She said send it in for an immediate replacement . I did ,i was out of town on buisness and the owner said i was somehow my building or something I did ,grinding the rails .I am sorry but your receivers are too tight and require rails to be trimmed slightly . And that would not heat up spot weld to break .you must think I am a chump . So you said you can repair it .I said screw it (stephanie said replacement ) you said repair . I didnt want a repaired receiver so I ordered another one ,you did knock 25 dollars off . You then stated you would still repair and send back the bad receiver . Then your spotwelder broke . To this day I never received my receiver .It still has my rear trunion attached . For one thing Stephanie promised replacement even though I told her I tried to spotweld it since my money was wound up in the build already and know I had to start from scratch .I have had problems with you not solved to this day . And i let every single person I deal with know that . I am a well known member of many AK sites and an avid builder . Your spot welder fixed yet? Wheres my receiver .For an over 6 month wait you should honor what your company representative said .I was nice to you to buy a second receiver when you didnt honor her word to begin with .now its principles . You should send a new receiver like Stephanie originaly promised period ....I was too good to you and allowed you to slide . Now 6 months late no returned receiver . Or any e mails or anything to say whats going on .I need my rear trunion .bought another at my cost again to finish my build .So your bad spotweld cost me a new receiver minus your 25 dollars and a rear trunion and milling down the trunion to fit a 1.6 receiver . Yeah your a great guy .
    hey! vlad, thanks for the heads up on them, i think i will take them off my list for now. keep us posted.
    ron

  3. #3
    Gunco Rookie Confederate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I remember this receiver. I was amazed when I saw it, it was ground on and beat badly.

    You not only ground the top rails but the both internal rails, if I remember correctly.

    You should have atleast called before you did any modifications to the receiver and I would have issued a call tag for return and replacement but you didn't.

    Vladimir, you returned a beat to hell receiver that YOU beat to hell. You took it upon yourself to do these things and I still worked with you and gave you a discount on new receiver. Should I have done more???? Someone please tell me!!!!

    When I first came here and Armory had the problem with the heat treating I replaced many receivers on my dime, I didn't have to. If the customer had built a rifle on it, I had it rebuilt on a good receiver on my payroll, yes I did that!

    How many other companies would do that. I did it because I feel for the customer and because I want the customer to have a quality product I will go out of my way to make sure it happens as my record shows.

    I did not know that there was an issue not resolved. I will look into it tomorow.

    As for the other receivers out there, you guys need to look into several issues with them. Just because the trunnion holes are there doesn't mean they are better. You may want to check the bends, the hardness and the diameter of the non heat treated center support tube as well as the heads of the rivet that hold the tube inplace. These are very critical.

    These are issues I will address when I release our new receivers as well as a "Bullet Strike Proof" suppressor that we are prototyping that will amaze you.

    I like this forum, I think I will hang out here.

  4. #4
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    14,035
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    It sounds like all the facts aren't being told on this one.

  5. #5
    U.N.C.L.E. Illya Kuryakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Third Coast
    Posts
    3,731
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    I'm looking forward to your next generation receivers. IMHO, due to the problems in the past with the Armory receivers, they are a close but still second best to the NDS receivers. Rock on dudes, I'd really like to see a better receiver. Nothing like some good old fashion competition where the end user gets the absolute finest receiver.

    Now, how bout a new dimple design.........


    Did I do that?

  6. #6
    Akron Armory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    839
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt ron View Post
    hey! vlad, thanks for the heads up on them, i think i will take them off my list for now. keep us posted.

    ron
    Cap'n,

    Hector Bennett is a FIRST CLASS individual.

    Hector is no different than any other employer that has problems with product and/or employees from time to time, but if I had a problem with his goods I would not call his flippin' secretaty, and..I would not have my WIFE make the call!

    Bobby



    Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin View Post
    I'm looking forward to your next generation receivers. IMHO, due to the problems in the past with the Armory receivers, they are a close but still second best to the NDS receivers. Rock on dudes, I'd really like to see a better receiver. Nothing like some good old fashion competition where the end user gets the absolute finest receiver.

    Now, how bout a new dimple design.........
    CLS,

    Please bring an old friend up to speed on what was wrong with Armory's receivers?

    Thanks,

    RJW,Sr

    I'm a bookkeeper's son,
    I don't wanna shoot no one,
    but I crossed my old man back in Oregon,
    don't take me alive.

    ---Steely Dan---

  7. #7
    GuncoHolic 555th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    3,292
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akron Armory View Post
    CLS,

    Please bring an old friend up to speed on what was wrong with Armory's receivers?

    Thanks,

    RJW,Sr

    The dimples don't "look" right and the manufacturer's info stamping on the side are the two biggies for me, other than taht, I have always liked them.

  8. #8
    U.N.C.L.E. Illya Kuryakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Third Coast
    Posts
    3,731
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Hey Bob !!

    One thing, same as what Hector was talking about, was bending of receivers due to heat treat method. Second problem I always had with them was the axis pin holes were not concentric. I always figured this was due to the receiver not being mounted properly by technician cutting the holes. Third thing I noticed was that the lower rung on the bolt rail was not machined well and did not match the width of the opening on the mag well - particularily on the 5.45 receiver. I sorta remember Jimmy saying something along the line that the original bolt rail stock was not wide enough to be able to get this correct since the 5.45 has a narrower magazine and thus needs a wider bolt rail lower rung. Fourth, the funky looking dimples. While considered only cosmetic by many, they had a flat chested look...if you will. I was also always under the impression that the dimples should be of such depth that the inside width match the width of the mag well opening. And finally fifth, the stepped bolt carrier rail machining was not consistent throughout the receiver length and was in many occasions not symmetric in width from right to left rail and visa versa.

    I do not mean to be a overly critical of the product, but since you asked, these are the items I remember from a few years ago when the Armory receivers hit the market. I believe where you lost market share was in the inability of getting the product on the street consistently (due to heat treat problems) and quite frankly, NDS listened and implemented what the customer wanted in a receiver (including a indenture for the trigger group on the bottom of the receiver and an indenture for the AK-74 selector hole on the left side of the receiver, stamping on the bottom (thanks 555th - I forgot about that one), etc). This is where NDS blew away the Armory receiver.

    This is all just my opinion and observances, right or wrong. All of these conditions are, IMHO, easy enough to resolve given right man at the wheel and it sure sounds like Hector is the right guy judging strictly from what he writes.

    CLS
    - 52 with a lot to do !!


    Did I do that?

  9. #9
    Class 07 FFL/SOT dinkydow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the United States of America,land of the free,home of the brave.
    Posts
    6,297
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Interesting thread.
    www.wellcoarms.com

    Roger Baldwin,Founder of the ACLU: "We are for Socialism,disarmament and ultimately for abolishing the State itself...we seek the social ownership of property...and the sole control of those who produce wealth.Communism is the goal."

    WOLVERINES!

  10. #10
    GuncoHolic Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,881
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Sorry to be off subject, but where can I get a link to the fearless four riding in the jeep. Would just love to send it to some liberals I know!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •