New from Ironwood Designs

Thread: New from Ironwood Designs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default New from Ironwood Designs

Please forgive the poor quality of my camera. It only works well if you're taking pictures in bright sunlight of things that you don't really want to see clearly.

The new AR-model wooden handguards that are in current production at Ironwood Designs are excellent! They look much better than I was able to capture, but they sure do spruce up (no pun intended) my Golani!

Handguards are made of Beechwood, which was what IMI made theirs out of originally. I can't wait to get my second set! ARM guards will be out soon (version that takes the bi-pod) and eventually stocks and pistol grips will follow.

E.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New from Ironwood Designs-wood-furniture-ar.jpg  

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Looks good! Rivets set from ironwood, or did you do them yourself?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's really nice. Thanks for the pic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Refinished

Sorry about the first pix. I re-stained and refinished the handguards. Hopefully these will give a more realistic picture of what they're really like.

I think they look great on the rifle!

P.S. Ironwood did the rivets. They come as a complete unit. They can be finish sanded and oiled just as they are for a more blond appearance (natural color of beechwood) or stained with alcohol-based dye to achieve a slightly darker tint. These also have 2 - 3 coats of tongue oil rubbed in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New from Ironwood Designs-dcp03551.jpg  

New from Ironwood Designs-dcp03554.jpg  

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Looks great, I'm going to order a set of ARM wood panels when Matt has them ready.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.