Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5.7 Price gouging.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default 5.7 Price gouging.

Was looking to pick up a few boxes of 5.7 for the PS90 and web search turns up this.

AMM-254 - Ammo 5.7x28 Federal Hornady V-Max 40 Grain 50 Rounds per Box SS197SR

60 bucks ?? WTF ? Other vendors are selling the same for about $21.

This is complete and utter bs. Jacking prices like that due to high demand is completely unethical. Don't give these bastards a cent of your money. Must be the same assholes who own Florida Gun Works.
    Last edited by o.d. ak; 03-17-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Hmmm.

Bud. The only way this site stays running is by our sponsors and in these hard times, us members who toss a few bucks to the owners to pay there electric bill.
    Without them and the "members" who have donated, we won't have a site.
    Please do not take this wrong. You in my .02 can say whatever you want, that is what makes America great.
    Cheaper Than Dirt in turn, can sell there products for whatever they want.
    Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase.
    If we loose our sponsors and nobody donates. We loose our site.
    Then I can't talk to you guys and I have to listen to my old lady bitch, piss and moan. Oh God don't let that happen.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Hmm I think the government needs to step in and set price controls to prevent these windfall proffits!!!!!!!!

NOT

let the market work. noone will buy (well except idiots) at those prices when the same is availible cheaper, thus the price should come down

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I understand what your saying 4th, but blatant price gouging like this is unethical and is basically preying on the uninformed.

If the brady bunch wanted to become a sponsor would you take thier money ? Where does one draw the moral line ?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    I understand what your saying 4th, but blatant price gouging like this is unethical and is basically preying on the uninformed.
    People aren't stupid.

If you say you want a job making 1.5 mil a year are you preying on the uninformed, mentally masturbating or employed by a bankrupt bank??
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well i'm glad everyone seems ok with a site sponsor trying to rip people off. A mod can delete this topic if they want in light of this.

Bernie Madoff has some good investments to sell i hear. Might want to pass the word along.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

you know im going to go out on a limb here . this is a company and product review area and if a member feels that $60 for a box ammo that can be bought else were for lots less is outrages then he is sure the hell intitled to express his experiances . However calling them aholes and trowing other comapanys names in the mix is IMOO a little out of line.

however If i went to order a part and found the company to be charging double then I dont think i should be afraid to speak out. nor do i think I would be doing members and friends here a service by keeping quiet. there have been sponsers here before that ripped us off and they got what they deserved. no customers and a bad reputation. I have seen members here blast other sites for kissing there sponsors ass and dealing with unhappy members in a poor and unprofessional way. I like this site because there is no BS and if some one is out of line they get called on it.

SO WERE IS THIS AMMO AVALIABLE IN STOCK FOR $21???? IT IS ALSO OK TO REPORT THOSE WHO ARE GIVING GOOD DEALS AND FAIR PRICES. THE BEST BET TO EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD IS TO GIVE CREDIT TO THE THEM AS WELL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmm there seems to be some differances. the chaeper thn dirt ammo is made by federal according to there site and florida gun works stuff is not made in the USA. the $21 dollar stuff is made by in the usa by feioci and has a differant velocity according to the adds I can find. they both have the same designation number however. im noot 1005 sure were comparing apples to apples here??????

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....ts_id/2897?SID

the above is made in the USA and shows a slower velocity of 1850 FPS vs 2150 FPS for the cheaper than dirt stuff. if true then 300 fps is a huge differance. florida gun works apperas to be out of all of there boxes of 50. somebody bought it at 60 a box???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

All current 5.7 ammo is either made in Belgium (in the case of SS195LF) or made in the US by Federal (Formerly made by Fiocchi) SS197SR. Those are the ONLY 2 currently manufactured rounds that can be sold without LEO or military credentials.

CTD is lying about the Velocity of the SS197 round and apparently using the specs from the SS195 which uses a lighter bullet. Good catch there, i didn't even notice that. So not only are they charging 3x the going price, their information isn't even correct.

I ordered some from ammotogo for $19.95. Ammunition To Go : 50rds - 5.7 FN Ballistic Tip Ammo [ss197sr] - $19.95

The only "RARE" is the discontinued SS192 which is indentical to SS195LF except for 195 has a lead free primer. But even this "rarity" does not fetch prices as high as CTD is charging.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

it appears that the imported stuff is fetching a premium for some reason. possably the quality is differant?? it seems that some guys are willing to pay for imported stuff. not sure why. I can say that it seems that $55-$60 is the going rate for it from more than one site. as you noted and gave a link the USA stuff is around $20.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.