Issues with RTG

Thread: Issues with RTG

Feedback Score

Default Issue Solved

Issue solved bad mic reading
    Last edited by stlswm; 04-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Did you call them and give them a chance to make it right? If not, prepare to get flamed. The original ones in your CETME were Spainish CETME rollers, which if I remember correctly look slight different than later G3 rollers. Most of the G3 parts were redesigned at least once during the issue life of the rifle; it's what German's do. It is also possible that MP5, G33, HK21, HK23E rollers are different and that is what was sent to you. I don't have any of those bolts to look at, but the CETME rollers and G3 rollers that I am looking at are slightly different.

-yarro

Collector & Enthusiast GreenBlood10's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I had the same issue. I purchased two sets of +4 rollers from them and some other things. Everything was great but when I put the one set of rollers in my gap actually decreased!?!?! I figured something was up so I took the other set and put them in and it was fixed. Not sure if they mixed a couple of the normal or even +2 rollers together but similar problem here. Other than that fast shipping, nice women on the phone and good products. Thanks
    "It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stlswm View Post
    I recently purchased +4 rollers from RTG. When I put them in My Century Cetme, they sheared off one the identations on the retaining plate , they must be handed. When I installed them in my rifle the bolt gap was the same as it was .004 " thousanths. I micked the rollers they meausured .314" or 8mm and not .316" or 8.04mm. The rollers are not marked, they offer no intructions, their rollers don't look like the ones that came out of the rifle or HK ones. There was no packing slip to ascertain what size they were.Hk parts.Net Here I come . for a few dollars more.

the reason it sheared off the indentation on the plate was the rollers were installed upside down. very often do not get instructions with parts. they are just parts. there are places on the web to look up instruction on how to do gun things. if not find a gunsmith that will work in it.

wrong size parts, could happen, i usually mic mine before installing them ( not after) just to check size, i hate to do something twice. some of my rollers were marked and some were not.

did you call rtg before posting this problem on several gun sites? maybe they could have helped you out.

good luck............

"FREEDOM FOREVER !!" james ward's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have always had dealings with them !! Good company & good people !!

Feedback Score

Default RTG sent Right part

I have three sets of rollers the one that was in the rifle it gave a bolt gap reading zero bolt gap reading , the second gave me a reading of .004 thousanths, then I got some from RTG they gave me a reading of .004 thousanths the same as before. Then I got erronouseous reading with a cheap mic. So I bought used Mitutoyo mivc. The first rollers measured .314
    inches or 8mm, the next measured .316 or 8.04mm the RTG rollers were the right ones. It seems now that it is barrel press time for me. If you replace rollers you really need a micrometer. And just because you replace the rollers that may not put you in spec.
    Now I will half to apologize to RTG for jumping the gun he has the rollers marked thats why they look different.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.