Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sportsmans Guide AMD-65 kit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I just bought one of these myself...What are the chances of finding an AMD barrel?
    Bassett
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bassettjm View Post
    I just bought one of these myself...What are the chances of finding an AMD barrel?
    Bassett
    Near 0. They occasionally show up, but not often and are pricey when they do. Use a different barrel, because the original barrel would require you to register it as a SBR

Mark
    Last edited by Markp; 04-21-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have a Romy barrel and I was going to tack weld one of the extention muzzle brakes on.
    I'm just wondering how much fatherr back the gas hole is in an AMD in relation to the Romanian, I also have a 14x1 lh die so I could cut the barrel and rethread at a point so the permantly attached MB will make the legal 16"
    Thanks
    Bassett
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    I've been wanting to get one for a while. And after I saw that sportsmans guide had them for $153(buyers club) I had to get it. It aint in excellent condition, but its all matching #'s,
    Unfortunately matching number doesn't do a bit of good on a barrel less kit.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    It's available online for that price (170/153) as well. Do a search on AMD65 and it pops right up. "Limited quantities" lol.

Heck, here's a direct link: Amd 65 Parts Kit, Shooting Supplies, Pw Arms at Sportsman's Guide

And a buyer's club coupon code for $10 off. Looks like, with buyer's club and coupon it comes to about $162 shipped: SN632

Add one of Sgt ron's $130 shipped Romanian barrels and you have a delivered price on a complete kit that's less than a Romanian G kit before shipping.
    Where do we find this Sgt ron to buy barrels?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Where do we find this Sgt ron to buy barrels?
    He's member here and had some for sale in the classifieds area. I don't think he has any more though?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

got mine in yesterday,looks almost new. I've got a spare romy bbl to put on it,was wondering about the trunnion,bbl sizes but that was answered previously. I've not decided what to do about the gas port hole being farther forward on the romy bbl. May do a traditional front end or weld up the hole and re-drill for amd 65type.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

WRT the gas port, I'm planning on using a Saiga gas tube, or cutting the retainers off an old Romy tube I have and building a folder AMD-63 franken-clone. Or if I can find a AKM-63 buttstock, use that for a "true" clone.

While Markp is right about the trunnion, the other various journals (like gas block, FSB, etc) are larger on a Yugo barrel and will need to be reduced in diameter.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

I just received two of these kits the other day. One had wood grips and looked like it had never been used. The other had plastic grips and looked like it had been through some major usage but in still good enough shape to use. The one with the wood grips also had a new mag but the other did not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wonder if you could use one of these along with those BDM 22 AK mags to make an ak-22.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.