14 87.50%
  • No Opinion

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge

So I ordered a 8mm Vz.24 from SOG, this weapon was supposed to be in Good to Very Good condition. So I paid for "Hand Select" so that I would get a nice "Very Good" condition rifle.

Here is what showed up, I am leaning towards returning it, as it looks like JUNK. Am I being unrealistic? Yugo 8mm Mauser from JG shown in some pictures for reference (especially the bore.)

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge-dscn0706.jpg  

SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge-dscn0707.jpg  

SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge-dscn0708.jpg  

SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge-dscn0712.jpg  

SOG Hand Select Vz.24 - You be the Judge-dscn0714.jpg  

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

No Opinions?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Junk. My buddy just ordered 2 Tokarovs from them and had to send them both back. one would not function and the other looked new but the bore was shot out.

I'd send it back ASAP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I would say junk and thanks for the tip. The muzzle difference is unbelieveable.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Total POS, send it back
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Worst part is that I called and email SOG, still waiting for a response. I know they are probably swamped, but I am pretty upset with them right now. It's a POS. You know, I would be almost tempted to keep it if it shot well, but my guess is that it's unlikely. 2 inch deep counter-bore!!!

Mark

Feedback Score

Hello Markp,
    Hope your Yugo 98 was on sale.

My last M-98 purchase was quite some time ago, a standard length Turk 98 in NRA Good condition for $15.oo (plus shipping). That was the dealer's special with maybe a missing part (none were). Sadly I got only three of them.

Time marches on... and the dollar becomes worth less by the day. A high-res crystal ball would be helpful, so would truthful advertising.

VD

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    Hello Markp,
    Hope your Yugo 98 was on sale.

My last M-98 purchase was quite some time ago, a standard length Turk 98 in NRA Good condition for $15.oo (plus shipping). That was the dealer's special with maybe a missing part (none were). Sadly I got only three of them.

Time marches on... and the dollar becomes worth less by the day. A high-res crystal ball would be helpful, so would truthful advertising.

VD
    Ok, now you are making me feel bad. LOL. Seriously, the Yugo 24/47 was $159 and the Vz.24 was $149. Now the Yugo is no beauty queen, but the bore is nice and shiny and most of the bluing is decent. I bet it will be a decent shooter... the Vz.24, well the bluing is thrashed, the stock is crap, and the bore is counter bored over 2 inches. It's unacceptable.

Yes, I missed out on the bargains... just like you missed out on the cheap full auto stuff (I'm wagering to bet.) The best you can do is start when you start and find the best deals available.

**** Update, There May Be Hope Yet. SOG at least realizes that this thing is JUNK and says they will find me a nice one. **** I can live with that. Still that should have never been shipped out. We'll see what they come up with, if I get another pile of junk, I won't be doing business with them again. If they come through, I will be the first to sing their praises.

Mark

Feedback Score

Hello Mark,
    Glad to hear that SOG will find you a decent Mauser. I recall that the $15 Turks way back when were from SOG.

Yes, I did miss the first econo AK kit boat when it sailed under $100.oo. After telling friends and relatives to buy those inexpensive kits untill I was hoarse I pounced when they went to $120.oo. Back then they were less than Sten MK-II kits.

If you are here in Arizona there is a source of very toasty and cheap Mausers with which to experiment and build what interests you.

VD

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    Hello Mark,
    Glad to hear that SOG will find you a decent Mauser. I recall that the $15 Turks way back when were from SOG.

Yes, I did miss the first econo AK kit boat when it sailed under $100.oo. After telling friends and relatives to buy those inexpensive kits untill I was hoarse I pounced when they went to $120.oo. Back then they were less than Sten MK-II kits.

If you are here in Arizona there is a source of very toasty and cheap Mausers with which to experiment and build what interests you.

VD
    No such luck, I am stationed in the peoples republic of Maryland by way of Texas. I did pick up a sten kit recently for $100.oo, it's in nice shape. I have a bunch of kits I am going to sit on until I retire from the Military, then I am going to get my FFL-07/SOT and have some fun.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.