Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cold Steel Solutions Inc. ???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

they have alway put out good products, since they started competeing with bent metal, Ilike there ar-70 and MP-69 receivers, looks like MG 42/MG 53 blanks are great also

good things always come with time

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

This was my first time ordering from Cold Steel. It's been 9 wks. since I ordered. Have emailed, did get a response. Then they called me and said it would be shipped in 2 days that was over a week ago still no goods. Frustrating!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Honest, be pateint, he will deliver. And I bet you will be pleased.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

It came finally, it was the wrong blank.

Feedback Score

Default Coldsteel

I've dealt with Coldsteel and nothing but satisfaction. You can't get some of the items he sells anywhere. And, they have had a death in the family so things for them right now may be kind of sketchy. joel

Feedback Score

Default MP 69

Yeah, coldsteel has a MP

69 styer blank, looks real good. Now that is some gun! And no one makes a blank for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat1 View Post
    they have alway put out good products, since they started competeing with bent metal, Ilike there ar-70 and MP-69 receivers, looks like MG 42/MG 53 blanks are great also

good things always come with time

sprat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The guy I talked to seemed very knowledgeable on the phone. Blank was nice and it was a 'thick' one. Rails needed serious fittment. Supplied template looked 'goofy' around underfolder axis. Had to figure that out a bit.Due to thickness, needed longer axis pins from AK builder. Overall, I would deal with them again. Be patient for the shipment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Since I first posted on this thread in '09 I have bought several blanks from them and have been quite pleased. They have streamlined there production/shipping so it does not take quite so long. Good company.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I ordered a Yugo m92 krink blank a while back and received a blank with an inside width of a regular yugo. They did get the 1.5mm thickness right though. I can't remember exactly how long it took to get my order but I know it was more than 2 months. I was pretty disappointed after waiting so long to get a receiver that doesn't really fit anything without work. I would've been better off just ordering a standard blank, but I figured they knew the width of a yugo krink. Too bad they didn't put bulges in it, that would have been a mistake I could've used on my other yugo kits. If anyone can use it I'd be willing to trade something for it. I need all kinds of stuff so let me know what you have and maybe we can work something out. I was going to send it back but I thought I'd figure out a use for it eventually, so far I haven't.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Some of my finest builds have been based on Cold Steel shells.

I really like these guys, but they are not what you might call "technology savvy". They get the orders, those usually sit for a day or more in order to "age", and then they print them out, and then they take them to ???? and then they pull a bent shell out of the pile....I think you can fill in the blanks for yourselves....

Bottom line. They do good work, they use quality and predictable steel (this is important if you are going to heat treat / temper the entire receiver), and they stand behind their products. I have had one (1) bad shell from them. I discovered this fact two MONTHS later, and they still made it right. They sent me a spare receiver shell along with the replacement ($40 value).....and they paid the shipping.

So, tech challenged, but customer service and quality gifted. I'll take that, and I am happy to pay them the extra $20-30 for that. I agree with the feedback on the templates. Do not use them. Better to lay it out yourself. Take the advise listed in this thread earlier.

The RPK shells are fucking bulletproof! I sometimes have to shave the trunnion to fit, but it's just a cousin kiss with a dremel or a file....

Hope this helps. Cold Steel is not a gazelle. They are a Bull Elephant. It is what it is.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.