Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cold Steel Solutions Inc. ???

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Even though I started this thread years ago, I never did buy from them. Just started bending my own sheetmetal using AK-Builder and Tapco flats as templates. The one thing I can't do though is RPK blanks. So thanks to you Mr. Bellson, I think I may order a couple to put back. I'm eventually gonna get me a Yugo or Romy RPK to build. How good are their bulged trunnion "wings"? Do they look/fit good??
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I have been looking at there PSL receiver and been hesitant to order . No one else seems to offer a 80% PSL in a flat or anything else. I also have a RPK flat I am fixing to try and bend. I guess I will try and get a order off to them in a few weeks for the PSL.

Anyone used there PSL blank ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

ak4me, I used their PSL blank on mine. It was of very good quality,altho the rear reinforcement plates are a bit thick and need to have the step cut into them on the inside. Also the overall length is a bit tricky only because the lengths given on the interweb and their instructions vary. Do your research and it will come out well. If you have a factory PSL to compare and measure it should help. Also the rails have alot more material on them than needed. Just trim them to look like the factory rails.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

glad to hear you got a good one from them!

im after a fella who is seriously looking at making these up...

he's a vendor on WG and they will be HAND FOLD and weld if he runs them. some seriously top notch stuff he does. will post it here if he gets enough to do the run.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sounds good,duti. I may be doing one with the 7.65 argentine mauser bbl I have. Thanks for the info.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post

Hope this helps.
    It does, I've looked at their products many times.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

So, Sadly I am out of the AK build game now...Sold that last of my stuff last month to satisfy the Tax Man....

But, I have many years of experience in this game. I absolutely stand behind every good word I have ever said about Cold Steel Solutions. Just do NOT use their templates. Go look in the Library here. Those are much better.

I started with Cold Steel because they were the only game in town for a bent shell 1.6223mm shell. We are talking 1998 here. At that time, they freely admitted that their template sucked. It may have improved recently.

I have only done one RPK with a Cold Steel shell. It took a lot of work due to the lack of a good template. That was the only one that I fully heat treated. The friend that I "tutored" on how to build that weapon still loves it, and will not be parted from it for love nor money. He actually outshoots most AR guys out to 450 meters.

Cold Steel makes a good product, from good materials. You have to put in the work to finish it, and make it EXCELLENT.

Not slamming anyone else, just sayin that I really like these guys.

Final word: Know that these shells require a lot more hand work than any bend style build. Be warned, be prepared, and succeed wildly!!!!

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.