Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cold Steel Solutions Inc. ???

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Question Cold Steel Solutions Inc. ???

Any recent input on this company and/or their AK receiver blanks??? What old info I had seen seemed generally positive, but when I e-mailed them, it bounced back, and no one has returned my calls. TIA<

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I never ordered from them directly before but I see alot of their stuff on gunbroker. I've been meaning to ordering their pps43 receiver blanks for a while but still havent gotten around to it. Did you try to call them?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I received parts from them, as advertised and I am quite happy. They do take a while with orders... Everything is custom made from what I understand. So expect to wait a while.

Mark

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Maguire, I called twice and left messages, per the outgoing message, and still have not heard back from them.

MarkP, thanks for the input. That helps. I'd really like to try their Yugo underfolder blank on my latest parts kit.

Feedback Score

Their AK receivers are already packed in boxes ready to ship but he does take some time sometimes. Some blanks come twisted and he will replace them and they aren't common. The Yugo AK / RPK receiver blanks are best as the AKM blanks often have the axis pin X and Y stamps a bit off and look a bit non-standard / odd. The templates are often the wrong size / scale and / or twisted / crooked. It's best not to use the Cold Steel templates. Use the Ace template for the magwell and axis pin holes and then use the trunnions for the rivet holes. Note the Ace template center support rivet holes are marked oversized but the location will work just use smaller holes. The top rails are pretty easy to figure out. There are other templates that can be used but usually they match the Tapco flats holes. Maybe use an AK-Builder flat for best hole locations. For Yugo and RPK blanks the Cold Steel ones are some of the best. Before heat treating and assembly check that the trunnion / barrel are parallel with the top of the receiver, up and down and side to side. Usually the barrel will be pointing up a bit. The receiver blank may need to be tweaked a bit to align the front trunnion with the top of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks Allesennogwat!!!!!!!!! That's great news, as it's the Yugo underfolder I'm looking at. Anyone know what their working e-mail address is???

Feedback Score

The website says Last update:08/07/09

coldsteel579@verizon.net

Coldsteel Solutions, Incorporated
    579 Bayview Drive, Longboat Key, FL, 34228

PHONE: (941) 920-0545

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have an akm blank ordered thats been about 6 weeks out. E-mailed w/ no response. I am a patient man but... How long does it usually take?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I recently waited around 8-9 weeks for an RPK blank, but it did come.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just got an e-mail from them,it will ship next week. They have some cool stuff on their site, makes me want to build some of the oddball subguns.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.