My new CAI C93 - JUNK - - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new CAI C93 - JUNK -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin View Post
    Sorry to hear they are putting out real crapola. I would return it for a refund. That's a true Bubba job.

Thanks for the report and heads up !
    Where have you been for the past 5 years?

This is the same monkey-work they perform on their Cetme and G3 builds, too.

I'll bet if the OP looks, he'll find his bolt head has been ground to return a "good" measurement of headspace (instead of the barrel being headspaced properly).

After all that's been said on the forums about Century and their Cetme/G3 builds, I just have to wonder why anyone would spend money on one of these.

For $599, Century could sell all the parts (receiver and barrel included) as a "complete parts kit", and I'll bet they'd fly out their doors. Building one isn't rocket science.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I would buy one of these kits, but never the built rifle.......century can & does screw up a wet dream plus rifle builds on a regular basis!

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Where have you been for the past 5 years?

This is the same monkey-work they perform on their Cetme and G3 builds, too.

I'll bet if the OP looks, he'll find his bolt head has been ground to return a "good" measurement of headspace (instead of the barrel being headspaced properly).

After all that's been said on the forums about Century and their Cetme/G3 builds, I just have to wonder why anyone would spend money on one of these.

For $599, Century could sell all the parts (receiver and barrel included) as a "complete parts kit", and I'll bet they'd fly out their doors. Building one isn't rocket science.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

I don't think I've ever seen anything so F'd up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
    I would buy one of these kits, but never the built rifle.......century can & does screw up a wet dream plus rifle builds on a regular basis!
    Unfortunately, after Century gets done with'em, they're no longer fit as parts kits, either.

Feedback Score

i bought a c93 when they first hit the market back in the spring and i had the exact opposite experience. my c93 looked every bit as good as my hk93 and other than 1 hic-up my gun ran 100%. the sights were aligned properly, welds looked good, head space was correct and the finish looked great too. unfortunately century's quality control leaves a lot to be desired and your gun should have nevwer left the factory. i wouldn't even mess with trying to get it to run or correct any of it's problems. just call century and send it back, while their QC sucks they will either fix it or send you a new rifle.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

One of these is next on my list.

Anyone know the difference between the ones CFS is selling and AIM, besides $200...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Actually it's bolt gap and not headspace although it's kinda, sorta somewhat related, but only distantly related

Did I do that?

Feedback Score

simple solution call AIM and send it back

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think what happens with this bunch is they put all of the good stuff out at a high price first.

as time goes by the price drops and all the fubar/reject shit that was tossed into file 13?

it gets put out on the market for a much lower price! giving the illusion of a real deal!

IIRC these rifles when the first hit the market were around $800?

so now there going for much less as their hitting the bottom of the barrel sort of speak.

just a guess on my part--but i think i have seen this before several times in fact.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I think CFS still has them for $799..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.