Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My new CAI C93 - JUNK -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thumbs down My new CAI C93 - JUNK -

I picked up my new C93 from my dealer yesterday. I got it from AIM for $599 + shipping + $10 for my dealer.

I took it out of the box at his house and did a quick once over, looked ok for a surplus rebuild.

I got home and tore it down to the bare bones last night.

Not to good!

The front sight is canted, which I could of fixed, but the triple tree is welded to the barrel, DOH!

The trunnion is welded wrong, no drill and fill welds. They welded the front of the trunnion to the front of the receiver so its all jagged and a slim forearm wont ever be able to be installed.

Next I noticed where a drunk guy got carried away with the grinder and ground to much off the mag well exterior, why would you grind this anyway? I could see the bottom or interior maybe, but the exterior?

I also noticed that the trunnion in the receiver is canted as when you look down the receiver you can see how one side is higher than the other. I had a cetme I built that was like that and it took my a month of Sundays to fix it with getting the bolt to mate with the trunnion and not hang. This maybe why the front sight is canted as the barrel could of been pressed into the trunnion, pinned and then set in the receiver and headspaced via the trunnion. The headspacing looks ok, I havent measured as I am going to send it back.

And the last and best of them all. The receiver is sooo tight and out of spec that the bolt wont cycle and I had to use a hammer and punch to get the bolt out of the receiver. The bolt was galled deep buy the assembler beating the back of the bolt to get it into the gun.

I'm like why the fuck would you ship this gun from the factory if you know it wont cycle when fired?

Check out these pics and you tell me, POS or what?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0505.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0507.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0510.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0511.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0512.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0514.jpg  

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Unhappy more pics

more pics

Even with the rear sight move all the way over it still was way off with a laser bore sighter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0515.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0517.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0518.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0519.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0523.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0524.jpg  

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default more pics

They seemed to do a good job on the clip and pin on the ears of the FCG. the fire box look ok too. They used a M16 trigger spring for the new semi trigger. It also appears to have semi only hammer installed. Has a big C stamped on it. I didnt find any stampings on any parts that said who made the orginal gun. The bolt and carrier serials matched. Saw no HK stamps anywhere on any parts. The mags did have 7/1/1976 stamped on the followers and appeared to be in decent shape, were very dirty inside.

The gun was filthy from top to bottom with what appeared to be either sand or metal shavings. I dont think the gun was cleaned before it was redipped for park. as when I started rubbing some grease off there was rust under it. Probably just a parts bath in degreaser before a dip then into heavy oil for shipping.

The barrel bore is chrome lined but no serrations at muzzle to keep flash hider on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0525.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0527.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0528.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0529.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0530.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0531.jpg  

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default more pics

They did start welding the trunnion at the rear where it mates with the receiver. I saw on some earlier reviews that this was missing. My gun appears to be number 312?

If I can get one that isnt fudged up for $599 I think it would be a good deal. But its a crap shot with CAI involved. Buyer beware!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0532.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0533.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0534.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0535.jpg  

My new CAI C93 - JUNK --dscn0536.jpg  

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Send it back. I had to play the switch game with them three times before I got a good one when I ordered a L1A1 back in the day.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

contact aim. they should make it good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry to hear they are putting out real crapola. I would return it for a refund. That's a true Bubba job.

Thanks for the report and heads up !

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

That is inexcusable, horrible, and crappy

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

robdog, Thanks for the wright up , and pictures of your C93.
    I have one coming from AMI. Same deal you received.
    Thanks to you, I will know what to look for. I sure hope they don't weld all
    the front sights that way. I'll submit a report when I receive mine, but I know it
    will be the same as yours. Another hour work, and they could have produced a fine weapon. What a crock of sh#t.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

OUCH! Why put shit products out?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.