I purchased an AK-47C model through a local dealer rather than at the gun show or directly from the manufacturer (I.O.) because I thought that I would receive a higher level of customer service after the sale.
My local dealer was somewhat of a disappointment, but I.O. was great.
Needless to say; I WOULD DEFINATELY buy from I.O. again. Just my experience with these folks/
- I had issues with the first AK so IO replaced it and paid shipping both ways.
- FedEx dropped the replacement AK on the barrel enroute back to me. I.O. took the replacement back, repaired it and paid shipping both ways (again).
- Bolt carrier was really tight on the replacement AK. I.O. paid shipping again both ways and replaced the bolt carrier.
- The original AK had a Galil foregrip, replacement had a bottom rail foregrip. I.O. sent me a free Galil foregrip.
- I.O. sent me a really excellent 'goodie-box' with lots of really neat accessories for my trouble.
- Head customer service lady, Lea, was really a pleasure to deal with, kept me informed and worked with me every step of the way.