Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "buds" taurus OSS 45acp out of the box!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

buds has been selling some models for $345 stainless for $355 shipped.

BK arms had some on sale a few weeks ago for $340 shipped.

so far this one has been a hoot. sort of like the good old days back when CDNN was selling steel full sized witnesses for $269!

heck i am liking this one so much i am thinking of getting another before they sell out. but i can't decide on which cal or finish to get. now if they had a stainless 10mm--or 357sig!--LOL!

now my little review was just one pistol , maybe i got lucky.

taurus did have some problems with these early on so YMMV. these are the last run of the make and should be much improved.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looks kind of like a CZ75 with the slide set-up.
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

now for what it is worth. i read over at taurus armed that the para mags fit too tight on the OSS! the guy says he tried ten mags too!

now i don't know who to believe. i guess i'll know when i get my hands on a para mag!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

correction sale is back on today.
    Last edited by j427x; 12-04-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: revised info.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the sale looks to be over now.

a follow up -- the one i got seems to be a fine pistol right out of the box. one of my neighbors got to shoot it and liked it so much he ordered the same model from buds.

when his came in it looked all well and good. we took it apart cleaned and inspected it and found nothing wrong with the pistol.

but when we took it out to the range his would eject the mag into the dirt with every shot! his also shoots 8" low and slightly left @ 25m.

i think the sighting problem can be cured easy by cutting the overly tall front sight blade down. the drift won't be a problem as the back sight is adjustable and it is only a hair off.

he sent his mags back to taurus for replacement. i loaned him one of my two good mags so he has a working firearm.

taurus is sort of a grab bag it seems. some of them will need extra work.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

somebody was asking me about the grip size. the OSS/24/7- 45 has a very small grip for a double stack 45.

it is thinner & smaller than a 92fs, smaller than a 1911, thinner than a witness CZ small frame yet just a hair longer fore to aft.

and is thinner and shorter fore and aft to my large frame witness match. i don't know but i bet this pistol has the thinnest grip of ANY full size 45 out there.

the size and overall shape of the grip is very close to the glock 22/31 .40 s&w. the feel is nearly the same as well.

it is 1.25" thick on the grip
    2" wide on the grip

the slide is 1" thick

it is nearly the same size over all as my glock 22/31 --just a little over 1/2 inch longer.

i am currently working over the sights on mine --i can't seem to get used to the goofy combat type sight picture. i guess i am old school target sight type of guy--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the old taurus is still going. no real problems other than the funky plastic trigger & FCG.

IF this thing had a better trigger it would be a "contender". all this time i have had this thing i still haven't got used to the trigger action. i probably never will.

although it can be accurate the sometimes spongy "crap-shoot" trigger is lacking.

it just don't hold a candle to a good 1911, although it compares in reliability with a glock , that same erratic trigger action keeps you guessing when the glock don't.

this is the thing with taurus the general design idea is good. but the execution at least in the trigger is poor.

it can out shoot other guns with even worse triggers. it ain't a "big league" pistol. it is stuck in the minors!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

OK now i have had the thing for a while -- i have had enough of this plastic BS trigger!

i am now attempting to tune it up to at least what a 'glock" can do in that regard.

the plastic but-plug in the back of the slide split apart in three pieces and fell out. so i lost the cocked and loaded plastic indicators/ this really helped MY trigger!

now without tha butt plug --the DA mode and the re-cocking feature is well half-ass. like they just work when they want to.

SA mode is fine.

i think i am going to convert the pistol to single action only. i think i can do this by working on the slide and polishing the firing pin assembly.

i also took up that "10 feet" of slack in the trigger.

the bad thing is without the slack --you can't filed strip the pistol--LOL

TAURUS all-most got this pistol right --but they tried to put a mall-ninja dream list in the damned thing and fubared the things trigger action.

even the trigger itself is shaped all wrong --LOL maybe a little JB weld will fix that?

after shooting tuned up 1911s, witnesses CZ-75s and even glocks this plastic bastard is hard to take as is.

the upper part of this pistol ain't too bad to work with except for the split-o-matic plastic parts. the frame is a pure bitch, i think it is nearly all plastic and what few metal parts in there are like tempered hay-wire.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hell send it back and have them fix it, then sell it or trade it in for something more toward your liking.
    You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Hell send it back and have them fix it, then sell it or trade it in for something more toward your liking.
    You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd

LOL ain't that the truth!

as far as sending it back to taurus hell this is one of the "better" ones--they will say it is perfect and send it back. nothing wrong with it other than it has a shitty trigger--and i wouldn't send YOUR gun back to taurus as they can't find their OWN ass.

i was sort of looking for a challenge and so far it is working out pretty well.

a pure high-wire act though --no parts nor ANY factory support.

i got the trigger working out pretty well about 4.4lbs with pretty good {for a striker fired pistol} trigger pull with little creep or sag-- it ain't too bad now. very glock like and very-very short pull. far shorter length of pull than any striker gun i know of.

i had to add an insert in the trigger to get a more trigger than hook shape and block off the linkage.

i cut off one of my old rommy AK triggers and bonded it to the OSS trigger--upside down. LOL!

except for the glock , these foreign designed striker-fired plastic wonders are a PITA to work on.

so far the results are pretty good. it ain't going to top any of my 1911s or even my bone stock eaa witness. but it is certainly good enough to hit with and not the complete chore it was to get the trigger action on the money.

it they were parts for them like a glock this adjustment would be a piece of cake just buy a $3 striker spring and add $10 worth of drop in stuff--
    this will be my last plastic wonder though- too much shit to get it right! -LOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.