viral marketing & gun "reviews"

Thread: viral marketing & gun "reviews"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Sold! viral marketing & gun "reviews"

yea i am heading into oxymoron country. but i think this could be useful information.

with many online gun dealers putting up user reviews this is a "need to know".

1 the firearms reviewer that just gave that glowing review, could be form of fan-boy spam,or he might not have enough experience to know a decent firearm from a bad one. (ie a mall-ninja in love with a brand name)

2 another form of glowing review i come across is the is corporate spam. some viral marketing blogger is going around posting glowing reviews to help boost sales.

this could be posted by the seller or someone that has a stake in the brand name.

a dishonest retailer may also post glowing reviews to help move slow products.

a thing i have seen one online retailer do is revamp their ads when they get too many unfavorable reviews. sort of "get a new start"--LOL!

#3 now we have come to the "slam-spam" ie some guy just posted a terribly horrid experience with this firearm or the retail seller.

tip offs. the same poster has posted dozens of "slams" on the same day, under various similar names all of them at the same online store or on the same brand of product. usually short and blunt like reviews slamming the product and the vendor.

this type of "slammer" has it in for the retailer or the brand the retailer is selling. possibly someone from some other retailer that is not making many sales due to the slammed retailer beating their prices. could be a paid "slammer" from some other brand that also can't compete well on the market.

when you read a review--watch out for little clues. any body with any motive can post a review good or bad to support whatever agenda or grudge they hold.

an honest review is hard to come by.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Good points all j4. Which is what makes the gun sites good. You can get a fairly good idea of what is good and not good.
    Choosing a weapon is tough. It may look good in the store, feel good in your hand. Then you take the damn thing too the range and it wont hit a barn at 20 feet.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.