Gunco Forums banner

CPRODUCTS?

7K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 ·
I ordered 2 mags from them dec 30. Havent heard anything from them, I called but they wont answer the phone, they say they are closed. Left messeges,e-mails-nothing. Midway USA says out of stock, no backorder, they cant get a shipping date from Cproducts. Are they out of business? I suppose I will have to get a Alexander arms 6.5 grendel mag. Pricey.edit; I just went to AA, not too bad on price. Ordered two.

#2 ·
I ordered qtty 2 CProducts 30 rounder mags from CDNN for my AR.

The follower is good.

The floor plate is good.

The spring is good.

The magazine body is crap. It's so thin that it deformed when I tried to load the magazine from strippers. I'd get 10 rounds in, then whack the heck out of it to align the rounds, then I'll try to get another 10 rounds in, whack the heck out of the mag.... Bottom line? NO WAY will I even take these magazines to the range.

I kept the followers, floor plates, and springs as replacement parts. The bodies got thrown away.

I'm staying away from CProducts. Pure crap, IMO.

#3 ·
i got 8 or 10 maybe + a few more of the 30rd aluminum mags from someone i can't recall if it was CDNN or copes when they were on sale for $5.99 a pop. and a couple more like three or four 20s, along with four 30 rd 7.62x39 mags i bought from C-prod and another 10 i bought from palmetto when they were on sale for $9.99 each , and another 10 i bought from palmetto in 5.45x39 and about six+ in 6.5 grendel.

how many is that anyway? about 40 some odd mags give or take a few .

out of all these mags i have only had a problem with one mag --it was a 7.62x39 and it's hole for the mag latch was a tad too tight and low. a little re-work with the china made dremmel tool and it runs fine now.

i can't say i have had any real problems out of the c-prod mags so far and my round count on the 5.45 alone is in the thousands--

i don't know if C-prod is still around or going to be around. with the economy as sour as it is they may be bleeding money. i was reading on 6.8 that they were having some problems delivering mags and wern't answering their phones or replying to emails.

that is a bad sign.

i was thinking about doing a 6.8spc2 or 9mm but if mags get in short supply --that could become a problem.

i think i'll order a few 7.62x39s while there still in stock-- er someplace other than Cprod though--LOL!

#4 ·
I like C products mags. The only ones I have are the AR 15/16 mags. Havent had one problem with em. Mabey quality has gone up... Ive got about 30 of em and havent had any negative experiances... I hope that they dont go out of bussiness because they have some awsome prices.....For mags that are hard to come buy..... And new

#6 ·
You guys have me scratching my head....

Referencing my previous post, the mag bodies I got were 1/2 to 1/3 the thickness of my other AR mags. When I installed the stripper adapter, it took some force to overcome the black paint. Probably due to the magazine's mouth being longer/wider than spec. Once the adapter was on, stripping off 10 rounds caused the mag body to flex, resulting in rounds inside the mag to jump out of line/sequence and/or tilt badly.

I'm wondering if CDNN sold me some crap that had the CProd baseplate.... Doesn't make sence that they would.

#7 ·
C-products may well have shipped a few bad mags at one time or the other so i don't doubt your story about having two bad c-products mags one bit.

it would be easy for some rejects to get mixed in a shipment and it happens to mall-ninja name dropper high $$ mags too.

heck i even bought a number of C-products 30 and 30rd mags from CDNN recently, i ordered the batch of 30 rounders from CDNN last year in fact.

at one time C-prod had some issues with quality control, that has been a few years ago though .

there could still be a few lemon mags floating around in a warehouse that pop up in a shipment from time to time even after all these years.

#9 ·
I read on 6.8 forums that they were in the process of being sold. Hell, I bet I've 30 or so of their mags. Last summer they replaced some 7.62x39 AR mags within a couple days. j427 helped me build 2 of them and some had feed probs. The mag followers were the old style and they sent me new mags and a pre-paid shipping tag to send the bad ones back! That is service!! I've had no probs with 5.56 mags from them.

#11 ·
CProducts had a forum over on AR15.com, that is now gone.

The (former) owner has posted that the company has been sold, and the transition is taking place. My understanding is he is still going to be with them in some capacity.

Anyway, it seems like in this transition period communication is lacking, but there have been assurances that the company is still a viable entity and production/shipments will resume soon.

#15 ·
:frown:I signed up here today to respond to this thread. They have over $100 of my money and now their websight is GONE! At the time I order from them, 44mag had the 7.62x39 mags I needed, and now they are out of stock. Wish I would have known this was going to happen; I would have ordered from 44mag instead of factory direct. I just ordered these things a week ago. Shoudl ahve called them Friday but I decided I would wait until monday. BAD CHOICE!

#19 ·
That's me! I probably would never have went with a 7.62x39 AR15 if I had not read about CProducts mags solving the feeding problems with this caliber. Supposedly bushmaster has some good ones that are 26 round capacity or something, but they cost over double what the c-products mags run.

FWIW - I did notice on midway.com that they are expected to be back in stock at the end of this month. I'm not ready to give up just yet, but I sure am discouraged right about now.

#20 ·
I also had noticed that Midway is saying "backorders ok" instead of "no backorders" like they had been saying. I guess we just need to be patient and cross our fingers. Anywhere else I can get 6.5 grendel ar mags?

#22 ·
I figure this is mote point but my $.02 on C-Products is much the same as others here. Very, very, very slow and very, very poor communication. The mags I bought from them about a year ago took four months and only after bugging the bejesus out of them. they charged my cc in Dec '09 and I finally received my mags in April '10. I hope the new operation is better. They had better be or they won't be around long.

#23 ·
Could they be selling too the Military and backed of for awhile on the civilian market. Just a guess???
Mags were disposable, many moons ago, when I was in.

#24 ·
i think their going through some kind of obama economy trouble.

my guess they have a lot of red ink to deal with. i think the company was sold to that "storage products" link.

yea these ar mags are nearly disposable in 5.56 and that makes for a thin profit margin on making them.

that little glut of mags we had drove prices down.

heck i ordered a bunch of D&H mags from CTD for $5 a pop--darn good mags too!

#26 ·
Mags arrived yesterday. They are marked Alexander Arms on floorplate but they told me they are cproducts so I guess the new company is finally getting some orders filled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.